Update on Move from PO to JO

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LizzieLac

Proud Parent
Hi Everyone,

A couple of months ago I posted that DD, who competed PO Novice this year (first year) and swimming, decided she wanted to give up swimming and just do gym for next year.

At the time, we had not had states yet and I had not talked to the coaches and I was wondering if that kind of move was possible. Well, I wanted to let everyone know the outcome. I decided to wait to talk to the coaches until after PO States. Even though DD won a few meets this year and consistently scored well, I was hopeful that a good performance at states would help them decide.

Well, DD won bars, floor, and AA. Tied for 2nd on vault, and took 2nd on beam. Needless to say, she was on cloud nine.

To keep it brief, I talked to coaches and she has just started training for level 5!! She is working out with the level 4s who will also be competing level 5 next year. It means more days and more hours in the gym, which is already a challenge as the swim season does not end until end of July.

DD is VERY excited and looking forward to getting her kip! Yet, there is a little sadness knowing she will be leaving all good friends from swim team behind. Deep down, she knows (as do DH and I) that this is the right move. We all felt that the two sports required more than the 50% she was able to give each.

Thanks for reading.

Liz

Congratulations on her success. I hope she will continue to succeed.

Congratulations to your DD and good luck on getting that kip!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back