MAG Update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So we saw the PT today and she started treatment. We are now almost 8 weeks out from the injury. D can work pommel, above Pbars and some floor. Roundoff entry vaults only. No swings, hangs or tumbling.

She said he *is* healing, but that it will take time. His face just fell. She started talking months and I thought he was goign to cry. She did say that she didn't think his would be months, but that it could take more time. He is so frustrated. But he is healing and this should help!

HE just wants to be back 100% for camp. I think he is starting to give up his dream of level 8 this season. Sigh.

:-( poor kid. Hopefully things start healing faster and he can get back to life as normal.

Poor baby! Big hugs to you and him!! But I can't help chuckling a little at the thought of a poor gymboy "limited" to roundoff entry vaults.

I too really, really hope he is 100% by camp. That would be a wonderful way to celebrate his full re-entry if the timing works out. I'm sure he will be VERY motivated to comply with the PT's recommendations, and if she's never worked with a gymnast before, she may be in for a big surprise at how quickly and well things go.

Don't give up on your dreams of doing level 8, D! Chase is wishing him quick recovery and says, "he's got time, he'll do it". And Chase knows how it feels;). Don't give up; just work hard (doing the pt it takes) and you'll get there.

Thanks guys. He is doign the PT (finally) and realizes it is goign to be hard. I guess it is good to have this lesson now when there is time to heal! That will mean alot coming from Chase....thanks ;) And I know it is funny to think about "only" roundoff entry vaults, but he can't handspring or flip them so it isn't as fun! LOL!

They were doing RHBHS tonight and of course, he can't do bhs, so he was just working his roundoff. It was funny though because he suddenly does roundoff back whip. Scared the pee out of me. I had just walked in and wasn't expecting that! LOL! Just glad the coach is keepign him involved and happy. Injuries stink!

oh, and there was a girl at flip fest with my kids who was in a boot! She had a fractured ankle I think she said (I talked to her at pick up). She still seemed to have a lot of fun at camp. :)

There were several girls in casts/boots at FlipFest last year with me and they all seemed to still enjoy themselves! But I do hope he is better by camp!
Slightly OT - the first workout of camp last year one poor girl, very first thing she did was a round-off and rolled both ankles breaking them both! She unfortunately had to go home a probably does not have fond memories of camp. So it could be worse!

He has front handsprings. He was so excited. And so above rings work (still no hanging/swinging.)

this is a long injury!

Good to hear some improvement!!!! At least it's at this time of year--could have been worse (although I doubt that is what he is thinking!). Hope the recovery continues quickly.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back