Coaches uphills, hic ups, toe shoot....pick one :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mado4

Coach
Proud Parent
Hi,
I am a coach in a different country, so I don't know exactly the appropriate translation to the fly to high bar on bars. So pick the one that suits you and please give me some appropriate input.

My athletes are about 53 inches or 4,4 foot... I taught them first toe on to handstand to get the late drop.
Then I let them to the fall on the stomach on the stacked mats. The counter movement on the tramp. Everything looks good but they still can not reach the high bar or when they do (seldomely) they hang...

Any suggestions ?

I myself tend to drop my feet too early.
If they learned countering (is that a word in English?) on tramp, I suppose they do it too early. They need to aim for a point slightly above the high bar and keep their feet there until their torso is up.

My daughter is the exact same height now 53 inches and was doing these last year at a shorter height. What they found was she had a harder time making it if she did a toe hand, toe Hecht. Her then coaches added toe hand ,clear hip hand, toe Hecht and she caught and kipped out every time. It is like the momentum from the clear hip hand helped her to gain speed for the Hecht. I hope it helps. It's very hard for shorties sometimes to reach that high to low or low to high bar connection even on FIG.

When they miss are they turning over and landing on bellies?

Hi,
I am a coach in a different country, so I don't know exactly the appropriate translation to the fly to high bar on bars. So pick the one that suits you and please give me some appropriate input.

My athletes are about 53 inches or 4,4 foot... I taught them first toe on to handstand to get the late drop.
Then I let them to the fall on the stomach on the stacked mats. The counter movement on the tramp. Everything looks good but they still can not reach the high bar or when they do (seldomely) they hang...

Any suggestions ?

need to see video.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back