WAG USAG buys the Ranch

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Marta told a group of campers that they were the last ones that would be attending the camp. That from the mom of one of DD's teammate who went there for summer camp earlier this month.

Reactions: sce
Marta told a group of campers that they were the last ones that would be attending the camp. That from the mom of one of DD's teammate who went there for summer camp earlier this month.
Ooooh!!! I know the camp has mixed reviews, but I went there growing up and loved it!!!

It strikes me as odd that they would do that. Why not set up a centre somewhere central with good communication links?

It strikes me as odd that they would do that. Why not set up a centre somewhere central with good communication links?

Because it is way too expensive to replicate what they have at the Ranch someplace else just for the sake of ease of travel. And, not being able to have instant communication can be a very good thing. It doesn't hurt to be without a cell phone growing out of your hand for a few days.

Well, regardless of what USAG does, it was the last camp for The karolyi camp. It will be interesting to see what happens with it all.

The USAG has been leasing it for years. To me this just reads as a change of ownership and obviously money for Martha and Bela. I'll be interested to see if they continue to live there. And if not who's going to take care of the animals or take them to another location.

https://www.usagym.org/pages/post.html?PostID=18960&prog=

They aren't buying the whole 2000 acre ranch; just the 36 acre gymnastics area. According to the article above, the Karolyi living portion of the ranch was not part of the deal.
If you look at the timeline provided it seems that the 2010 to 2015 additions were part of plan in place for USAG to purchase the gymnastics area as a consolidation of gymnastic operations.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back