Parents USAG Card

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

notthatmom

Proud Parent
So I paid for, and submitted a form for, DD's USAG card (new member card, not a renewal) at the beginning of summer. I had yet to receive anything so I asked at the gym and they said you can get it online (I guess they no longer mail them to your house). But without receiving anything I can't even register for it online? Does anyone know who I should call to find out what to do next?

THe gym should have your dd's USAG number, then you should be able to register online.

THe gym should have your dd's USAG number, then you should be able to register online.
Ok! I will ask them for that, the coach I asked didn't seem to know the process when I asked her, since she has just renewed hers on her own for so long.

Thanks that helps!

You will get it later along with the obligatory window sticker and then your first issue of the USAG magazine. I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much; I don't think my dd ever needed hers. Trust me, she won't be entered into a meet without being registered in the USAG system.

You will get it later along with the obligatory window sticker and then your first issue of the USAG magazine. I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much; I don't think my dd ever needed hers. Trust me, she won't be entered into a meet without being registered in the USAG system.
Thanks! I don't know why I felt it was such an emergency lol, I just randomly thought of it the other day, in thinking "hmmm pretty sure I turned that in like 3 months ago, shouldn't I have somethin by now?"

But I'm not worried really, just curious mostly :)

My older dd just got her card in the mail . She lays has hers with but has never actually used it in all 5 years of competing

The registration year for USAG runs Aug 1st to July 31st. So while your gym may have given you and collected the papers from you months ago(and kudos to them for being so on the ball), the cards wouldn't be usually done until around that Aug 1st deadline. Should come within next couple weeks if not you can email or call member services from USAG website.

The cards usually start coming in the mail about now. I laminate ours & keep attached in kiddos comp. bag, like a luggage tag of sorts. I'd read years ago that the cards must be able to be shown, if asked, at a meet, so I just keep them in the bag. We've never needed them, although I did need to produce our USSA card (swimming) at a meet when there had been an issue with our online registration not processing correctly.

I've only seen it checked working a regional meet (end of season) where I had to check that the coaches on the floor had a current registration with USAG. Amusing memory, every coach there was fiddling with his/her phone trying to get good wifi reception to show me a current status.

I've only seen it checked working a regional meet (end of season) where I had to check that the coaches on the floor had a current registration with USAG. Amusing memory, every coach there was fiddling with his/her phone trying to get good wifi reception to show me a current status.
Yes, not uncommon for coaches to have to provide info at a meet, especially if the coach wasn't listed on the teams entry so couldn't be pre-checked by the meet director. Gymnasts have all been registered in advance so already been checked in the system.

I wouldn't be too concerned. Both DD and I are USAG members. So far, DD has gotten her card snail mailed to our house every year and I have promptly forgotten about it. They are all around here, still in the envelope. In 3 years of competing we have not once, ever, been asked to provide her USAG card. I keep meaning to laminate it and bring it but it hasn't happened so far. I finally took a screenshot of my USAG pro member number because I can't remember it otherwise...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back