Usgtc?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

After reading another post about camps, people recommended the camp USGTC at Mount Holyoke College in Massachusetts. I looked into it after reading about it and it seems nice and fun. I spoke with directors and they say there are still openings. My parents seem fine with sending me there this summer, so as long as I decide I want to do it, I'll sign up. So I'm just looking to hear about experiences at the camp and people's opinions on it, as well as possibly pros and cons with it. Thanks! I look forward to learning about it! :)

I've been going to USGTC for years, and it is just the best experience every time. Everyone is nice, the coaches are great, and the facilities are awesome. I would say go for it! :D

My son started going at about 10yo until he was 16 and hurt his knee My DD started going at about 7 or 8yo and is now 13yo an is still going to it. Both LOVED IT!!!! Both of my kids always looked forward to it every year. Now with just My DD going she looks forward to it every year. She loves that they usually have olympians in for a few days to do the meet and greet. and to also get photos with gymnasts. They also stay for a few days and work with the gymnasts (boys and girls)the year Nastia was there my DD loved the fact that Nastia was her coach for beam!!

Everyone is really nice, The kids tell me the food is great (that's high praise from my DD she is so fussy). The dorm rooms are a good size but don't have AC so bring a good fan.

An aveage day is wake up, breakfast, off to the gym for AM workout (usually 2 events and dance for girls) then Lunch After lunch DD tells me there is some free time you can use any of the sports complex facilities - most go swimming in the olympic size pool but some use the basketball courts or you can even go back to the gym to work on specific skills with the coaches. After free time its back to the gym to work on other 2 events and then Dinner. After Dinner its FUN Time. You can go swimming and stuff like at free time but the Color Wars are on. The camp is divided into Blue and Red Teams and for the week compete in various contests, win prizes etc. Also there is a specific theme to the week and the best decorated room wins a prize. At the end of the week is a dance again more contests etc.

In the dorms there are commmon area with big screen TV etc. Usually during the week the Adult floor coordinators usually have things like Pizza Parties (yes you have to pay for your own pizza) but they are fun.

This year the big attraction is in week 2 - the Visa Championships. On Wed the camp is going to attend the competition and have the backstage meet and greet with the campers. Lots of opportunities to meet your favorite gymnasts and get autographs.

With out the Visa Championships My DD ususally will spend about $50 - $60 for the week on eatra snacks, pizza party, at least one new leotard and T-shirt. With that added in I will probably give her $100 for the week so she can buy the overly pricey souviner at the meet.

I would highly recommend anyone going

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back