Vault table height

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

to make sure you all understand...the USA is the only country to allow their age group program to adjust the equipment randomly.

but at the elite/olympic level FIG is used just as everywhere else. the equipment can not be adjusted.

Really? That seems odd. It makes so much more sense to me to allow junior athletes to adjust their equipment as needed.

Do judges factor in the vault height when scoring for Level 5 or 6? Specifically, if the vault table is higher are "bonus" points given for power? (I know there's really not such a thing as a bonus pt for compulsory). I'm just curious because they just started my DD and 2 other girls on a higher vault height than the rest of the team. DD got her highest score yet on vault at the new height, but it may just be a coincidence.

No, judges do not consider vault height when scoring.

However, vault settings can have a strong impact on the execution of said vault.

I think in New Zealand it is the same as in Australia. I've seen vault height adjusted in competition (levels 5 and 6). Most of the girls I saw used the same vault setting, then there were a couple of girls who were significantly taller and they used a higher vault setting. I've never seen beam or bar height adjusted in competitions, but then I'm not that experienced, so I don't know if it ever happens.

I do not believe there is a minimum set requirement, certain gyms or coaches may have certain expectations though. At our gym we have people vaulting on almost every level of the vault, I vault on 130cm (6).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back