Parents Video of both girls

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

They did great! Is there much competition between them, being in the same level? Just curious, as I have 2 daughters that do gymnastics, but they are not the same level at the moment. Wondering what would happen if younger daughter catches us at all.

This was oldest dd's first meet! but younger dd , I can see her struggle for the competition between them, older dd could care less other than how she does.

we will see as time goes on, and as for age group they do not seperate yet since it is just level 4 Older dd is 10 and younger is 9.
Still so amazed at how well oldest dd did for her first meet , the only real bad thing was her ROBHS but that is what has held her back from comepeting!!

This was oldest dd's first meet! but younger dd , I can see her struggle for the competition between them, older dd could care less other than how she does.

we will see as time goes on, and as for age group they do not seperate yet since it is just level 4 Older dd is 10 and younger is 9.
Still so amazed at how well oldest dd did for her first meet , the only real bad thing was her ROBHS but that is what has held her back from comepeting!!

My girls are twins, and turn 10 this week, so basically splitting the difference between your two. Only one of them does gym. The other does dance and art. There have been times when I've wished that they were in the same activity, just to simplify my life, but I think the competition thing would be really hard with my girls. I actually think that they seek out different activities so that they DON'T compete with each other (God forbid I suggest that a ballet class would be really good for Kathy's gymnastics, or that Tory takes Acro with her sister...). There's a set of twins on the level 7 team at our gym... I think they may be in 9th grade. They're always neck-in-neck... one gets 1st and the other 2nd... or one 2nd and the other 3rd... I'm not sure how they deal with the competition thing... same level, same age group... but I'm not sure that my girls would deal with it so well.

Good luck as you figure it all out!!!

They both did very well!! Congratulations to them both and to the Proud Momma!! I can't help it too... my DD ALWAYS melts my heart!!

They did great! Can't imagine having 2 kids in this crazy sport. LOL. Hope they keep having a great season!

Good job by both girls! It's gotta be tough having them on the same level, but it sounds like they are handling it well.

Thank you! I am so proud of them!
I have also made it a rule we work for ourselves and not to Compete other than cheering for each other!
they also know if it gets too much of a fight and such they will be done, I am ok with being bummed and such (its normal to have a bit of that but there is a limit and also a part of being a good sport and a "good" human being

Thank you! I am so proud of them!
I have also made it a rule we work for ourselves and not to Compete other than cheering for each other!
they also know if it gets too much of a fight and such they will be done, I am ok with being bummed and such (its normal to have a bit of that but there is a limit and also a part of being a good sport and a "good" human being
It's great that you set up "guidelines" for this ahead of time. I'm sure that helps. I hope they both have a great level 4 season!!!

Great job by both girls!! Your older dd had a really great first Level 4 meet! I thought her vault in particular was terrific.

They did great. Your younger DD has a very powerful RO BHS...very bouncy! And you can tell that your older DD is going to be good on bars. What fun to have two in gym, huh? It will be fun to see as they go on...who will have strengths on what event...who will pick things up more quickly, etc. I've enjoyed watching that with my girls.

she was I think 2nd highest on vault on her team!

Oldest dd is better at the small details than younger dd (that is where she loses most of her points I believe) and younger dd skills come faster to her but like I said she lacks in form. They both really do have strengths and weaknesses that are total opposite.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back