Video Section

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Would you like to see the video section back again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Is the video section something that everyone would like to see again?

As of right now...we have only 10 voters on this. That shows me that there is not much interest in the video section. Please vote if you like this feature.

I'll add my two cents. I don't think it's needed as we can just use the video forum and insert the videos directly into the posts like this:

[video=youtube;ta5CBGbBJs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta5CBGbBJs4[/video]

The poll is still open, please keep voting.

I love seeing vids, but that can be done easily by users posting their videos to youtube or a similar site and just linking here.
Because there are other ways to post them, I'm not sure it's really worth the extra space/cost to have them here.

I never visited the video section when it was there, anyways. Youtube always works, and if that's not private enough for people, there are a bunch of other video sites to link to, and different privacy options. Seems unnecessary to have the video section.

According to the poll, some members did like the video section. I started researching it again (vbtube.com) and realized that the video program that we were using is so buggy, that I can't even login to their own website to purchase an upgrade. For this reason I am closing the poll. We will have to find an alternate method to display videos, perhaps a set of rules for the video forum?

What does everyone think about this...and what would be some good rules about posting vids?

That the mods can delete them if they are innappropriate. That they cannot be of someone else, unless they are an Elite, I do not like it when gymnasts post videos of their friends without persmission. Frankly videos can be linked from youtube and vimeo very easily, not sure why we need to host them here.

Not speaking for everyone, but, I myself misunderstood the question. I took it as the video section as a whole. Not just the upload part. I was voting to have the video section in general. On that note. I agree that uploading to another host site (ie youtube, ect) is probably the better option (its what I do anyway) for it clears up space (usage) on the board. And wouldnt drag things down over time as more and more is added. So, that's where I came from on my vote. I voted to keep it, but that was the basis of my vote. My only complaint about the videos is..they are hard to find. Some post them in the "video" section, some in the chalk bucket and ive seen several in the parents section. Makes it hard work hunting them all down when your trying to see how everyones doing..lol

OK...I was finally able to login to vbtube.com and talk with the developer of the software. We already have a license so it was only $39 to upgrade to the new version. Since we just received a new sponsor today...I'm giving it a shot. Don't forget to...JOIN THE BOOSTER CLUB if you like the video section!

By the way...this software is just a video directory. It will not allow users to upload videos to the Chalk Bucket. All videos must first be uploaded to a service like YouTube before added to the directory.

The video section has been restored. I is just a video directory, so videos must be first uploaded to a service like YouTube before they can be linked in. All of the old broken links in the video forum should be working again.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back