Warning from PA USAG about cyber threat...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Just thought everyone should be aware (parents and gymnasts alike). This was posted on the PA USAG site...
This is one specific threat but also just good advice about people you "meet" on this site as well as people who may "friend" you on facebook, etc. As parents, we need to be vigilant, and young people need to be savvy.
To all Pennsylvania Parents and Gymnasts,

To all Pennsylvania Parents and Gymnasts,
A word of caution to all gymnasts and parents of gymnasts around the state. There is an individual going by the name of Jennifer Messelier contacting gymnasts through Facebook pretending to be a gymnast and trying to get them to “friendâ€￾ “herâ€￾. This person is either claiming to have met them at a competition, or saying that “sheâ€￾ is considering switching to their gym. Please be aware that this person is most definitely not who they say they are and in all likelihood is a man. To date I am personally aware of at least ten gymnasts “sheâ€￾ has contacted from several different clubs in at least two different states. You can be sure there are many more.
Gymnasts, make sure that you do not “friendâ€￾ anyone that you or your friends do not personally know, and parents please make sure that your child (especially those younger ones) does not communicate with people they do not know. Also, you can be sure that this individual (and those like him) will use other names and methods to contact young girls so please don’t this this is a onetime thing. Unfortunately constant vigilance will remain a necessity. Please feel free to copy and paste this wherever you see fit as this type of predatorily behavior will not be limited to our sport.

Sincerely,
Kevin Pope

Thanks for posting that MaryA. I just came on to do it myself after another parents sent me the link. It is very important that kids realise that friends on FB should really be people that they know.

I was just informed that "he/she" is now going by the name "Jennifer Elizabeth", and the picture is of a sitting pose on the beam. Beware, she is adding college girls from all over the country... Definitely a shady situation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back