WAG We have grips......that are still too big, I'm afraid!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh and make sure she checks grip lock somewhat often. When I first got those pair of grips they were no where close, after less than a year they were 1/4 inch touching. But I think that is just because of how I wear them. Just be careful.

Oh and make sure she checks grip lock somewhat often. When I first got those pair of grips they were no where close, after less than a year they were 1/4 inch touching. But I think that is just because of how I wear them. Just be careful.
Her coach might actually check for that sort of thing too. But I don't know what you guys do at your gym.

Her hands are tiny! My hands are also naturally tiny I think we use gibson, but my coach doesn't stress about them until we start working towards optional (which seems like your DD is since she is working giants). I would try those, and grips can last up to 4 years to half a season depending on how much bars you do.
Yes, DD is a L8. She is going to start release moves after spring break and I think that's why her coach is making her wear them now.

One of my teammates got grip lock at her new gym. She was in an arm cast above her elbow for 5 weeks. She broke her radius and fractured her ulna.

US Glove hot shot

yes! yes! yes!

and mom, send those grips to me. i'll either make shoes out of one grip that will fit me OR i'll give them to one of my college athletes. lol :)

One of my teammates got grip lock at her new gym. She was in an arm cast above her elbow for 5 weeks. She broke her radius and fractured her ulna.

sorry you had to see that. remember, it's not common. :)

Wow! Her hands are tiny! Those are the ones we just got, which our coach recommended for small hands. I haven't seen them on my DD. I'll have to check it out. I think we bought the 0, but I thought they came in 00, or 000 also. I don't think she is using them much yet.

sorry you had to see that. remember, it's not common. :)
It was definitely scary especially for the girls who just got grips. She was training for 6 or 7, and a feel bad that it happened a few weeks before her first meet, it was scary, but we all do grip checks every now and then to make sure ours haven't stretched out to much :rolleyes::) we probably look crazy to the parents-but thats ok-Safety first! :D:D

It was definitely scary especially for the girls who just got grips. She was training for 6 or 7, and a feel bad that it happened a few weeks before her first meet, it was scary, but we all do grip checks every now and then to make sure ours haven't stretched out to much :rolleyes::) we probably look crazy to the parents-but thats ok-Safety first! :D:D

yes, safety first. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back