We love her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastbeth

Moderator/Gymnast
A little background info...: There's a girl on my high school gymnastics team, and she's a senior this year, and the captain of the team. I've only known her for the 2 years I've been on the team, but I feel like I've known her forever! She's absolutely hilarious, and motivational, and a great person.

When she graduates, it's really likely that we (the team) will never see her again. We're gonna miss her, and we want to give her something to remember us by. But there's nothing that seems to capture how great she is to the team, and how much of an amazing person she is. So my question is, what can we give her? I'm honestly at a loss, so ANY ideas are helpful! Thanks!

How much are you willing to spend?

What we did for our coach was we made one of those apple books where you send the photos into apple and they make a book with all the photos from the competition season :)

If you were going to spend a lot (but split it between the team) This would probably only work if there was say 10 people. There are some tiffany & co keys that are around 280 or 270 which would mean $27 dollars each and thats in Australia so they are probably cheaper in America.

Just a few ideas :) i'll try to think of some more!! let us know what you decide :)

There are 14 girls on the team, not counting her. We decided on no more than 20 dollars from each person. Thanks for the ideas. :)

My daughters gym had a girl leave for college last year and we had a mom who was a scrapbooker. She got pictures from the parents of the girl that was leaving, from the time she first started gymnastics until the time she left and made a beautiful 12 x 12 scrapbook. The girls each did a page too, and wrote memories of their time with her. They also made her a dvd with the pictures at I believe Walgreens or CVS. She absolutely loved it.

Lynn

I was going to say a scrapbook too. Having everyone write something on a scrapbooking page with pictures will mean a whole lot more than something store bought. When my old coach left we got her a necklace with the letter of the first name on it and on the back it said "Love, 2006 Aerials" or something like that. That's something she can wear for the rest of her life and remember you guys by.

Well, we had the banquet, and we ended up making her a scrapbook, and a slideshow type thing, from all the years she had been in highschool gymnastics. She LOVED it. (we also got her 20 dollars worth of chocolate. She always seemed to be giving people candy, so we sorta owed it to her.:) ) We're going to miss her so much next year! Thanks everyone for the ideas, it was greatly appreciated!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back