We ordered McKenna!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NGL780309

Last night at midnight I got online and ordered her and the bars/beam set. I thought it was prices pretty good at $85. I'm very excited for it to come in the mail. Anyone else ordered yet?

Congrats, you'll have to let us know how everything looks and such. The bar looks a little small for the doll from the pictures, but I dunno, could be different in person.

I think I might succumb and buy this...yes I'm 18, but I can admire her for a while and then I have a 7 year old sister who is crazy about dolls so she'd get good use one way or another!

But I think I'd get the 'practice outfit' and such as well. It has the leo, shorts an ankle brace and such.

I would also like to hear about the bar and beam for the doll. My daughter does NOT need another American Girl doll, so I am trying to talk her out of spending money on this one just because she's a gymnast. I can see her ordering the bar and beam though, since it would work with all the dolls she has. It looks like the bar comes with "grips" that actually snap onto the bar to help the doll stay on. I'm not sure what tricks a doll can do though, when her arms don't even reach higher than the top of her head! Also an FYI, there is a seller on etsy.com that sells handmade AG doll leotards that look just like real ones (much better than the AG version), and I think she'll even custom make them to match your dd's team leo. She is low on stock right now, but probably will pick up again soon. lilfliprz on Etsy

DH just ordered for dd too. We got the special package that includes several outfits but did not get the equipment. I really liked the loft bed but the price was WAY to steep for that! I thought the crutchs and cast were cute too but we are going into meet season and I really didn't want to jinx anything! ;-)

I will let everyone know as soon as she gets here. I too am curious about the size of the beam and bars. I didn't order the practice clothes. DD already has several doll leos and I didn't think the AG ones were all that cute.

My dd has a doll beam that matches her beam already so I'm hoping she doesn't want McKenna's. I love the bed too but I won't get it. Maybe the grandparents can split it later on or something. We have Julie's bed. I like the starter set because it's the only way to get the warm up outfit. We're going to NY in March for dd's birthday so she can get it at the store for her birthday. Funny is that McKenna looks just like dd's look like you doll but without layered hair.

My dd sold her AG Chrissa so that she can get McKenna. We are going to AG in February. Snowflake leos has some cute leos for dolls and they also have grips for dolls.

Hi there!

I'm new to CB, have been reading and learning so much from you all but haven't introduced myself until now. DH and I took our two DDs to the AG store today for the McKenna debut. Our DDs are new to the AG scene, and they had a great time enjoying the event. There was a gymnastics demo (on the marble floor with just a mat to cushion the BHs and ariel cartwheels -gasp). The McKennas were flying off the shelves, as were the accessories. We got the beam and bar set. It comes with a mat and wedge, and the bars have grips that attach to the doll's hands. The beam is 24 inches long. For now, our DDs will have to share and train their "like me" AG dolls, and they seem okay with that although my older DD was a bit mopey that she couldn't take McKenna home today. Next for us will probably be the gym bag set...comes with an ID and water bottle and is adorable. Maybe older DD can hang onto the AG water bottle as she has lost several at gym! The outfits are great, though IMHO the Leo's that one can get though GK or elsewhere are just fine (and we have grips and a Leo already for one AG). Oh, and McKenna has her own dog, which from the books is a golden doodle.

I do want to thank you all for your insights. I have so much to learn and I'm rather in awe of your collective experience and equanimity about this sport. Happy new year!

I am ashamed at 18 to say this but I am hoping when my mom and all of us girls go to the american girl place in LA for our annual year trip my mom will buy all of me and my lil twin sisters the doll :p all of my sisters and I have had ag dolls since we can remember and I kinda want to add this one because it is a gymnast. My lil twin sisters are getting the bars and beam they have decided already to spend their christmas money (from grandmas) on that so if I EVER feel the need to play with the doll I have the 2 bars and beam sets, my mom almost put her foot down on just one but they both will play with them as it is they have a hard time with the fact that they have to wait for one to finish their made up bar routine (simple poses and cute smiles) for the other one to play gym with their ag dolls :) I am 18 so I have a hard time buying the doll but I really want it for the fact its a gymnast and with 2 lil sisters they could always use another gymnast so I probably will end up getting it :)

Thank you for mentioning lil' flprz. Lil' fliprz's goal is to design and produce 18 inch doll custom and non-custom leotards and accessories. Because each leotard is handmade, for the past few weeks I was focused exclusively on making and delivering all of the orders I received for the holidays. Customer satisfaction is very important to lil' fliprz. I will start taking custom orders and begin listing again now that I have met all of my year-end commitments.

HOLY MOLEY the loft bed is $225- my Dh just said he could build my DD one her size for that- hahahaha Of course DD is on board.

DD, of course, wants McKenna, and has already finished both of the books- lol, power read one yesterday and one today. I think the beam and bars set is cute and her dog... the doll she may have to wait on. She has the My American Girl doll- the modern, supposed to look like you doll, and that will have to suffice for now.

I am disappointed her leotard isn't cuter, looks kind of 1970s to me- the colors... blah. DD already has a super cute one and matching one for her AG doll from GK- IMO there are much cuter (and less expensive) 18in doll leos out there than the AG doll one McKenna wears.

I am super excited for the rumored upcoming movie- eeeeek! Hope it's good!

Dd got her McKenna books today and is super excited to get the doll. She's now selling her some of her other American Girl stuff to earn the money herself because she doesn't want to wait until her birthday in March.

McKenna and the bar/beam set got delivered yesterday to my doorstep... but I (I mean DD) can't play with it until next weekend for DD's birthday.

I found the etsy site the other day (because DD wants a leo that will match one of hers) and I wasn't crazy about the one that GK had... I'm going to have DD pick the leo she wants and go order one!

McKenna arrived today. She's really pretty. Her hair was a little shorter than I expected which was good. The equipment is adorable. The only complaint is that the bar isn't very tall so DD was trying to have her do tap swings and she couldn't. It's neat the way her grips clip on because DD could really have her do skills like a Kip cast Bhc etc. The cheese mat is really small, but still cute. The beam is longer than I expected. I'm really glad McKenna came today because DD is sick and has to miss her first meet. It helps take the sting of that disappointment away. If I can get her fever free I told her she can go watch.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back