Parents What are you getting your gymmie for Christmas??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

needcoffee

Proud Parent
I am so so so so stuck for ideas for 11yo DD this year!! To make it worse, her birthday is 4 days before Christmas, so I'm double stuck.

She has very little interests outside of gymnastics. But there is truly only so many Leo's / training gear I can buy. =\

So far I've gotten her a couple of books she wanted, and a couple of those emoji pillows.

Help!!! Ideas??? What are your kids getting??

We are going for the experiences gifts this year (2 ds 15/13)

For DS 13 *gymmie, he will be getting Universal tickets since we are goign there for a meet.

Other ideas Rollerskating passes, movie passes, concert tickets, hockey tickets, bowling, laser tag, zoo, skiing, tubing, basketball tickets, shows, paint your own pottery, escape rooms.

We are asking for these from family too. My kids have too much stuff, and prefer to do video games to family time. That is changing....forcibly ;)

I noticed some of the older girls at our gym wearing what looked like football jerseys in the gyms' colors with the gym name on front & the gymnast's name on back- they were adorbs! Plus can't go wrong with a pair of furry slip on boots :)

ugh don't, I dread it.

Pinks birthday was last week so she got new leo, shorts, acro blocks, dvd, clothes.

Plus cash from just about everyone else

Lord knows what we will get her for Crimble

Mine wants a new dolls pram (she is almost 10), we debated it briefly as she seems quite old for this request then decided, why not, she plays with the other ones she has and one is too small to push now. The only other thing she wants is "Posh" chocolate (Hotel Chocolat) and clothes.
We have decided to get her an MP3 player and proper headphones and a watch as she doesn't have either.
Probably not helpful to OP though :confused:

DS - 11 - no idea. Probably dragon-related things rather than gym-related things 'cos we've kind of done all that. Maybe new wristguards.

DD - 8 - maybe a floor beam - she doesn't have any scary skills that she could possibly do on it, and I know she will be happy practicing forward rolls etc. And she wants a scooter. And a wolf.

Tink is getting a bunch of the graphic novels that she loves but I normally refuse to buy her. STEM toys and kits--I am considering an arduino starter kit. And theatre tickets.

OP's daughter may have outgrown it, but the American Girl bar and beam set is really adorable, and much safer than an actual bar.

I am so so so so stuck for ideas for 11yo DD this year!! To make it worse, her birthday is 4 days before Christmas, so I'm double stuck.

Hey - me too, DDs is 2 days after Christmas (9YO). My commiserations ;)

Ahhh sounds fun!! I love experience gifts!!

Yep, these. Movie tickets, ice-skating. We are going 'posher' camping at Christmas and this is part of the kids present.

And a wolf.

:D My DD wants pet mice. In fact she is obsessed with the idea! She only love gymnastics and mice - I quote! Considering yours wants a wolf, this request now seems totally tame and doable!!!

Both girls: books. We stopped the crazy Christmas train a few years ago, but any excuse for more books is a good excuse.

Love this - mines getting a book about gymnastics and a few others!

STEM toys and kits--I am considering an arduino starter kit.

Cool idea. I really want lego mindstorms EVA3 and am just waiting for the kids to get a bit older :p Craft kits are also good for my DD - she loves making things. And board games and puzzles are also a favourite - nice family time if we can all play. Might get Pictionary this year.

Good luck shopping :)

Dd wants our generation things , camper van toy and cafe /diner set and clothes for her dolls , when she isnt at gym she does play with her toys , long may it last dont want her growing up to fast :)

Sadly my DD doesn't do toys anymore. She also has no need for leos or other gym clothes. She's getting a new laptop for school plus some tech accessories for her iPhone. Lots of clothes and shoes as that's her thing now. Plus gift cards to shop, Starbucks and iTunes.

I do miss the days of toys and tons of gifts.

Mine is 12, will be 13 in March. Hasn't done toys in a few years. We weren't sure what to get until her HC noticed her primary grips were showing wear, so a new pair of grips is one gift. She also LOVES cooking & baking, so we got a cute apron at Kohl's and a macaron kit from Target. Her third gift (we do 3 plus stockings) is a set of books she requested.

In her stocking are several pairs of wristbands (they are like socks or something, constantly getting lost), candy, baking cups, a pair of cute spatulas, a mini cupcake decorating kit, a L7 pin, a poster (stretching it, but whatever), toothbrush, bath pouf, Jelly Belly energy beans, a Scentportable refill for her locker, maybe a DVD, and a Bing Bong (Inside Out) plush (mainly to play with her 10yo sister).

Gymnastics related - Ten O has quite a few fun items at their website. I got dd a chain that attaches to her competition bag and have given her pins. One for 1st place on beam, 2nd place on bars (at state) and others. She really likes them. They also have posters, clothing and jewerly.

11 year old DD is getting the comforter set that she *really* wanted from Pottery Barn Teen (yeah 2-day sale). Also some new bedroom decor (yay pillows!!), books, locker swag for school, dolphin Lego set, bound journal, Starbucks gift card, movies gift card, hockey tickets (combined both kids;)) new set of PJs/slippers/bizzare hooded wearable blanket (thanks a lot, Justice), a zip hoodie from her gym team, and a couple of new leos. She also really wants a "train insane or remain the same" hoodie, but I've had trouble finding one to fit that is actually cute. And she's drowning in hoodies, so we'll see. ;)

Kids together getting the "authentic" German version of a game we play up north with my grandma, Mensch ärgere Dich nicht. Carrying on tradition.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back