What are your county's requirements.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was wondering what your contry's competive requirements are for the equivalent of USAG level 6, 7 and 8, or canada's level 2 or 3. Where can I find a list, or could you list them here? I was hoping to find them for England, Austrailia, Spain, Switzerland, Ireland, Spain, Itlay and Greese. (and any others) If you could help with even just a part of these please do so. Does your contry have requirement scores to compete at these levels, or could someone from a different county come in, join a club on there competitive team, and start competing.
(I am planing for the future...)
Thanks.

You can come to Canda and compete at any level. Our lowest comp level is about USAG L3. You have to be at least 8 to compete here though!

I am not sure posting our requirements would help you though as our are all listed as FIG and we use a,b,c,d,e skills. OUr system is all optional.

I'm from Australia (if you couldn't tell by my forum name).

In Australia for level 6 we have core skills and bonus skills. The gymnasts builds their own routine around the core skills and can have up to 4 bonus skills in the routine. Bonus skills are worth 0.2 each. So if they do just core their routine is out of 15, but it can be up to 15.8 with bonus

Vault - handspring (table 120-125 cms)
Bonus vault - handspring full twist or tsukahara tucked or piked.

Bars - glide kip, cast to 45 degree's above horizontal connected to a kip, clear hip circle, bar change, long kip and dismount (toe shoot, underswing or flyaway)
Bonus skills - cast to handstand, giants, layout flyaway.

Beam - A acro skill (cartwheel, walkover etc), another acro connected to a jump (like handstand straight jump), dance series with 2 skills one with a 180 split, full turn, A value dismount (front tuck, back tuck)
Bonus skills - flight acro like flic;s, handsprings, back tucks, B value turns (1 1/2 turn, B or above leaps etc)

Floor skills - tumble pass with 3 acro (round off, flic tuck), 2nd tumble pass with a salto (like a front tuck), leap series with 2 A value leaos 1 with a 180 split (like split leap- side leap), full turn, A value jump (straddle jump, tuck full, schuschunova)
Bonus skills - front layout, back layout, 2 salto series, B value and above leaps jumps and turns.

For level 7 and 8 we use the FIG code of points to put together routines. Top 5 skills in a level 7 routine and top 6 in a level 8 routine.

Vault - any vault. Most common are handspring fulls, tsukaharas and handspring front tucks.

Bars
Level 7 - handstand skills, clear circling skill, B value dismount (like toe shoot front tuck), Bar change (like sole circle)
Level 8 - same but also need a 180 turning skill, B value circling skill (giants etc) and a bar change with flight.

Beam
Level 7 - Acro with flight (flic, handspring), B value dismount (like a front layout), full turn, 2 different acro skills, dance series with 180 split skill
Level 8 - same but also require a series with 2 connected skills and at least 1 with flight.

Floor
Level 7 - series with 2 different saltos, dance series with a 180 degree split skill, B value dismount (like a back full or a front layout), salto's both forward and backward and at least 1 layout (can be front or back)
Level 8 is the same but a 1/2 twist is required

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back