Parents What ever happened to??????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
I have been part of this board for quite a few years now on and off. I was thinking back to some people who used to be pretty active on here and wondering where are they now? Anyone know?

- Juju's Mom
-Starmaker-Olivia
-tripletsmom-they were about L6?

Add any others you can think of.

starmaker- isnt that the one who got in a dispute with MDgymmom in the thread about the USAG article on tapping split toes. that is what i remember. she got banned for like a week and was allowed back on the board, but never did. i could be totally wrong....

If you check the user profiles of members you miss you can see that some leave, some continue to visit, but just lurk.

Over the years many people have come and gone, people I have been fond of too. THey find the CB isn't a good fit, that they get too caught up in the CB, they do not get along with all the members and occasionally they break rules and butt heads with the mods. Some move on from gym and we never know.

Many people find the CB when they need something or when their kids are just beginning along their gym journey, then they just grow out of the board.

The nice thing is that they all contributed to the CB and helped it be a great place.

Bog summed it up nicely. I know I'm going to get virtually slapped for saying this, but a lot of people just come on here to "brag" about their child, but never really become a part of this community... and that's what it is, a community. Those who do that tend to pop in every couple of months and then disappear again. I don't know if you're including those people? To me, part of the fun is getting to "know" someone here, and then finding out you'll be at the same meet w/someone and planning a meet up! It's so nice to be able to put a face (and real name) with a face!

I also remember "Catesmom" from about 3 years ago.... Her DD was about my own DD's age, so I really related to her. Don't know whatever happened to them either.

There are a few that pop into my head from time to time. I really enjoyed TeamDad and Tim_Dad. I know that TeamDad's dd switched full time to ballet and Tim_Dad posts every now and then.

I am sure when meet season rolls around some of the other's will start posting again. I do really like the "community" feel for CB, and while summers can be boring, there is still lots to share even if it is just summer vacation stuff and random stuff.

I remember those two also. I think Tim_Dad is in the same area as me. He was very comical!! I also remember a member named sheplaysinthechalk? Cute name....I would always think...."why didn't I think of that one"? LOL!! I think she got flamed pretty bad and just went away!

Triplets in gymnastics? Good lord! I haven't been around long enough to remember her, I guess, but I can only imagine that she must have either burned out or gone broke or both! Even though, in the beginning, I wished that my twins would pick the same activity in order to simplify my life, I am now VERY glad to only have one gymnast, even if it takes some doing to make my dancer feel special in spite of her once-a-year recital versus her sister's many-many-times-a-year meets!

I know I'm going to get virtually slapped for saying this, but a lot of people just come on here to "brag" about their child,

No slapping from me. I'm probably guilty of this! LOL! Whenever something happens in gymnastics good or bad my first instinct is to share it here since no one else really has a clue what I'm talking about and when it comes to gymnastics most of my friends think I'm crazy.

I love lurking and watching every ones progress, reading meet reports and the VIDEOS! I for one will try to participate more. ahh if only there were a few more hours in the day . . who am I kidding if there were more hours in the day I'd just be in the gym more LOL

Triplets in gymnastics? Good lord! I haven't been around long enough to remember her, I guess, but I can only imagine that she must have either burned out or gone broke or both! Even though, in the beginning, I wished that my twins would pick the same activity in order to simplify my life, I am now VERY glad to only have one gymnast, even if it takes some doing to make my dancer feel special in spite of her once-a-year recital versus her sister's many-many-times-a-year meets!

A bit OT but at our club at the moment it must be multiples season, we have at least 4 sets of twins and one set of triplets. 2 of the sets of twins are identical! The triplets aren't luckily! They are 2 girls and a boy. The girls are very similar! All but 1 set of twins joined this year.

A bit OT but at our club at the moment it must be multiples season, we have at least 4 sets of twins and one set of triplets. 2 of the sets of twins are identical! The triplets aren't luckily! They are 2 girls and a boy. The girls are very similar! All but 1 set of twins joined this year.

My girls don't really look anything alike. I've had people not believe that they're twins. "Trust me. I was there."

I really appologize... when i saw how big these pictures turned out to be, I tried to edit them or just remove them, but I can't seem to be able to figure out how to do either. Mods feel free to reduce or remove please! I really didn't mean to hijack this thread with ginormous pictures of my children!

Attachments

• acro.jpg
    acro.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 756
  • ballet.jpg
    ballet.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 741
My girls don't really look anything alike. I've had people not believe that they're twins. "Trust me. I was there."

I really appologize... when i saw how big these pictures turned out to be, I tried to edit them or just remove them, but I can't seem to be able to figure out how to do either. Mods feel free to reduce or remove please! I really didn't mean to hijack this thread with ginormous pictures of my children!

They are beautiful girls MaryA!!

I love the pictures! My daughter had identical twins on her team at L4. One was great at bars, the other at beam... We always joked that they should compete for each other on those two events...

I know I'm going to get virtually slapped for saying this, but a lot of people just come on here to "brag" about their child, but never really become a part of this community...

No slap, but I probably fit this. A lot of the time I go to respond and someone has already said what I was going to, so I choose not to post. But I do love this place, it has been very informative, helpful, and it is so nice to have other people that "get" it.

I have to admit I get the most frustrated with members who ask advice about a "big" problem generating pages of discussion and then don't tell us how the situtation was resolved. Some members don't agree with the comments and advice and just leave. I really admire members like Shawn who stick with the forum even after a long thread. We really don't bite and we don't hold grudges. I know others who used to post regulary and we haven't heard from them in a while so....

Mariposa How are your adorible girls? I know you were frustrated with the economy, me too, but I admire your dedication to keeping your daughter in the sport she loves. Your little daughter always looked like she was working hard to keep up with big sister. I spent the afternoon at the sprinkler park with my own little gymmie niece. She is still a silly little toddler who is potty training and now likes to tell her parents "I be right back".

I have to admit I get the most frustrated with members who ask advice about a "big" problem generating pages of discussion and then don't tell us how the situtation was resolved. Some members don't agree with the comments and advice and just leave. I really admire members like Shawn who stick with the forum even after a long thread. We really don't bite and we don't hold grudges. I know others who used to post regulary and we haven't heard from them in a while so....

Mariposa How are your adorible girls? I know you were frustrated with the economy, me too, but I admire your dedication to keeping your daughter in the sport she loves. Your little daughter always looked like she was working hard to keep up with big sister. I spent the afternoon at the sprinkler park with my own little gymmie niece. She is still a silly little toddler who is potty training and now likes to tell her parents "I be right back".

Yes, I know I have been MIA. Lots of stuff going on and just haven't had to time to post much. I do read here and keep up with everyone. We are doing better now, things are finally starting to fall into place and I think we may be on the upswing, finally! Thanks for asking. I hope once things get settled down I can post more. :)

Thank you. ;)

I remember those two also. I think Tim_Dad is in the same area as me. He was very comical!! I also remember a member named sheplaysinthechalk? Cute name....I would always think...."why didn't I think of that one"? LOL!! I think she got flamed pretty bad and just went away!

Hi there! :)
So funny that I even saw this thread!

Anyway, I am still around...just very guilty of lurking mostly anymore - I haven't postled in a very long time - mostly because I've been really busy anymore. I was a stay-at-home mom for 5 years until dd (now 7) went to kindergarten, so I had lots of time to post here, work out, pay bills, clean, organize...But when she started school, I started working part time and volunteering at school. And, in the interim, dd's gym hours have increased and so have my son's sporting events and practices. He is now swimming competitively and playing tackle football. DD is now in the gym 9 hours a week, and my son is swimming for 1.5 hours a day and playing football 3 hours a day (he's practicing about 25 hrs a week total)...we have gymnastics meets, swim meets, football games, or tumbling meets pretty much every weekend. In fact, this coming weekend will be our first weekend without a sporting event since school got out. FINALLY! :) DD and I are looking forward to a very much needed mani-pedi day! So, anyway, I didn't get beefed or anything...I just got really busy.

Plus, we haven't really had any huge or major accomplishments in the gym as far as "gymnastics" goes, so I feel like I really haven't had anything to share, and I'm not really sure that I had a ton to offer anyone else in the first place:rolleyes:. DD is now 7 and repeating L4 because she can't kip. The kid has all of her level 5 skills and is only missing a baby giant and a kip for L6, so, we just wait, wait, wait for the kip. DD does, however, excel in tumbilng almost everyday. For those of you who are familiar with power tumbling (USTA, not USAG), dd is working on new passes now. She will be competing intermediate, but practicing sub-advanced. This is pretty awesome for a 7 year old, even if i do say so myself :)

I also remember Tim Dad and Team Dad, and Starmaker...Loved all of them. I also think of Ingymmom and hope that they are all healthy and doing well...

Does anyone remember the mom from texas whose dd was a talented gymmie and I think chose to do trampoline and was on the national team for that. I think she also was trying out for a lot of disney shows.....I always wondered what happened to her dd.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back