What Happened To Last Week?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Our host accidentally deleted the entire site today. Now that it is back online...it is rolled back to Feb. 2nd. Everything that happed on the site for the past week is gone.

EDIT: Feel free to ask questions...I'll answer them. I just don't have the energy to type out the whole story right now.

Last edited:
What happened that is hoorible!!! ARRRRGGGG!!!!!!! sorry :) how did it happen??Does that mean that everything that had been posted/added from since Feb.2nd has been delted?? im kinda confused.

Last edited:
What happened that is hoorible!!! ARRRRGGGG!!!!!!! sorry :) how did it happen??Does that mean that everything that had been posted/added from since Feb.2nd has been delted?? im kinda confused.

About a week ago we migrated the site from our old server to new cloud hosting. We were still getting charged for the old server...so I decided to cancel it today. The hosting company cancelled (and deleted) the wrong account...the one with our new cloud hosting.

Our most recent backup was the old server (a week old). Since the old server was still there, they re-migrated the site back to the cloud.

We are back up and running, but the site is a week out of date. Everything from the last week will never be seen again.

Can't stress over it...but there were a lot of good posts over the last week!

Does that mean PMs sent during that time have spontaneously combusted too??

and anyone who changed their username too. So if you were one of those feel free to let us know.

It felt like groundhog day when I got on last night, the pm's from last week popping up etc. Mind you I was away for four days thisweekend, so in fact having those days wiped out means that I didn't miss anything.

Good thing we didn't ban anyone this week, otherwise they'd be BACK!

Good to see the humour in this accident. Could be worse, way worse.

JBS thanks for all your hard work getting things back on track.

This is a really discouraging thing...but it could have been a lot worse. I am looking into new ways to back everything up to make sure that this will not happen again. We will have daily backups so we will never have to roll the site back more than 24 hours again.

Last edited:
I know it's pretty upsetting that this happened. JBS you've been working so hard to update CB & get it faster. This was just a bump in the road. CB is a great site!!! But I have to say I do find it a bit humorous that it did roll back to Feb. 2nd, Ground Hogs Day...just like the movie with Bill Murray where he keeps re-living the same day over & over;)!

Well it looks like more than a week is gone. I just went into the "Chalk Bucket" Forum and there aren't any posts from any time there. I did repost my Mommy Brag but other than the "Sticky" topics there was nothing else.

Well I guess we can chalk this up to Spring Cleaning

Oh my my...the things we take for granted! Thank you JBS for doing the best you could to fix everything...and I did like the "someone knocked over the chalk bucket" humor :)

Thanks you you for clearing that up. I just wanted to thenk you for how much hard work you put into the CB. It wouldnt run the same without you!!!!

I know it's pretty upsetting that this happened. JBS you've been working so hard to update CB & get it faster. This was just a bump in the road. CB is a great site!!! But I have to say I do find it a bit humorous that it did roll back to Feb. 2nd, Ground Hogs Day...just like the movie with Bill Murray where he keeps re-living the same day over & over;)!

Perfectly said. Thanks, JBS, for all the hard work getting the site updated, running faster and all the new features. Things happen. I find the Feb 2/Ground Hogs Day coincidence hilarious. And I loved the "Someone knocked the Chalkbucket over," humor on explaining it.

I love the ground hog's day humor (that was a really good movie, by the way!!lol) You admins and mods are excellent, and we love you!!
It's no problem...stuff happens.

Well it looks like more than a week is gone. I just went into the "Chalk Bucket" Forum and there aren't any posts from any time there. I did repost my Mommy Brag but other than the "Sticky" topics there was nothing else.

Well I guess we can chalk this up to Spring Cleaning

Don't worry...they are all still there...just scroll down.

That sucks and I totally feel your pain. Something similar happened to me a couple of years ago on a forum I run. So frustrating! Glad it was only a week's worth that was lost and that you didn't have to start from scratch!

OKay I feel realllllllly dumb!!! I was one of the first people to read this thread and I just got the 'someone knocked the chalkbucket over' joke. that i sreally funny!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back