What is meant by “splitting the beam?â€￾

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In DD's gym, they refer to it as "crotching the beam." Except that DD is a bit confused and calls it "crouching the beam" which makes me giggle.:D

LOL! Men might not do beam, but I have seen many a boy (my son included) do that to the Pbars!! They have a term that isn't exactly appropriate in mixed company!!! LOL!

I've also seen, when she writes in her gymnastics journal, that she writes "squad on" rather than "squat on." Maybe I need to tell her coach that's why she's having so much trouble nailing it in competition... she's spelling it wrong!

I've also seen, when she writes in her gymnastics journal, that she writes "squad on" rather than "squat on." Maybe I need to tell her coach that's why she's having so much trouble nailing it in competition... she's spelling it wrong!

Ha ha ha ha ha! I'm seriously LOL! Maybe I should check on Maryn's spelling of "shoot-thru" and she won't fall back on it at comps anymore! ;)

That is cute!

One of my gymnasts used to call a bhc a back up circle and flatback vaults have been known as flapjacks!

Way back in the day, many many moons ago, I split the beam in my state meet. Still got right back up and completed my routine -- with tears in my eyes. It is a very painful way to flub your routine, to put it mildly.

I don't think my daughter has split the beam yet but I have seen some of her teammates do it and it does not look like fun. I am actually in pain just thinking about it!!

At our gym we call it a "crotcher". "LAST NIGHT AT GYM I DID A CROTCHER!!!" "Is that like a flip or something?" "......nooooo." *proceeds to die laughing*

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back