WAG What level scores the easiest/highest?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It must be regional. There were 38s in almost every level across the board at our last meet. Some more then others but a couple per level, at least.
Wow. I just looked at ours (actually 2016 as 2017 wasn't easily found). There was 1 38+AA in Level 4 and 1 38+AA in level 6. No other 38's at all from level's 4-10. I think sometimes that shows just how different the scoring areas can be. And maybe it's some reason why some folks are concerned at a 34 AA. The subjectivity is just so vast, it's one of the reasons I have to remind my DD (and myself at times) that unless it's the same judge judging her event vs her friends (at other gyms or if the age groups get placed in different sessions), you just cannot compare based on scores alone.

I feel like scores are through the roof in level 6. If you don't get in the 38's you aren't even on the podium. They go down a bit, in 7, a bit more in 8, then in 9/10 - yikes. It's hard scoring no way around it!
It is definitely regional. I just looked at the scores at the first level 6 meet in our state and there were a total of 3 36s, all of which took first in their age group. There was an age group where third place scored less than 34.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back