WAG What to use for oversplits

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lately, I have been stretching a lot at home, which is really helping my flexibility. One of the things I do is oversplits, and I just use a stack of my school textbooks with a pillow on top to put my foot on. It works great because they are a perfect size and heavy enough that they don't slide. However, school ends in about a month, and I will have to turn in my textbooks, leaving me with nothing to use! I think regular books would be too light and small to use, and I don't have any mats or other gym equipment I could use. Does anyone have any suggestions for things I could use?

My daughter uses the couch. We have mats but if she is too lazy to get it, she puts her front leg on the couch and then switches onto her back leg. She is pretty flexible but when she uses the couch, she only has her right splits all the way down. The left is not quite. You can stack pillows, cushions, ottoman, yellow pages, floor beam.

Are there stairs in your house? If so, just put your leg up on the bottom stair. Other suggestions: pillows, dictionary, cushions, rolled up yoga mat.

Good ideas, I will try them! Dunno, one time my friend wanted me to show her my oversplits, but there was nothing around I could use, so I used her knee :D

My daughter uses the couch too, for her good leg that she can still get her bottom down on with her leg on the couch. For the other one she uses cushions off the couch, or the edge of her futon bed. When we were on holiday she used a couple of holdalls with clothes and towels in and split between them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back