Parents Where do you buy your practice leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Plum practice wear! my DD won't wear anything else...they are super comfy, soft and last forever! Pretty reasonable prices too! They don't last long though!

Mgoodguy on ebay! New GK leotards. Probably less popular or older styles. My kiddo will only wear leos with velvet straps and a non elastic and more open arm area and lots of these so works for us! Has sales often. Usually spend on average about $12-$15 and free shipping.

I never hand wash my plum leos. I put in inside out in a baggie with holes (I forget what it's called...). Colors seem to be fine (No blending). Really great for summer too because they are thinner.

Mgoodguy on ebay! New GK leotards. Probably less popular or older styles. My kiddo will only wear leos with velvet straps and a non elastic and more open arm area and lots of these so works for us! Has sales often. Usually spend on average about $12-$15 and free shipping.

I was looking at his store on Ebay. I do have two bids in now with another seller. Thanks for the input. She has outgrown about 12 of her leos. I usually sell them at a local consignment shop so hopefully they will sell quickly so that I can replenish her stock.

Thanks for the input on Plum-she has picked out one that she likes and Ill order it on payday.

In the past, Destira or Snowflake with promo codes. We had a good experience with the Snowflake grab bag--I specified her general color and style preferences and they came through. I only buy GK when there is no other option (spirit leo, camp leo that she HAS to have) because they are overpriced, fit poorly, and don't hold up in the wash. Lately Tinker Bell has only been wanting to wear Plum. Plum sells out of popular sizes quickly and doesn't restock, so it helps to stalk the site and buy as soon as new styles are added.

We've ordered through leotardcity.com. My DD likes things simple, not a lot of stitching or bling. One size up from GK. They wash well. I hang dry. Free shipping over $50 (usually 2 leos). DD does not like their shorts for practice though. Different cut than GK.

Mine is so picky that her leo wardrobe is a random mix of brands - whatever she found that she would wear more than once without complaining about it being too tight here, or scratchy there, or loose there. There is a local gym that has decent prices on leos and we always have our eyes peeled for a deal. We haven't ordered online yet, just because she is so picky about the leos.

Zulilly.com usually has leos and gymnastics "fun wear" (t-shirts with cute sayings/pics, headbands, etc) for reasonable prices.

Do you sew? If you have a serger, regular tank leos are super easy to make. You can cut one out, sew it and put the elastic in the neck/arms/legs in less than a half hour. Mystique is $17/yd at Joann's, but if you sign up for their mailing list, they send out 40% off (sometimes 50% off!) one item (and a single cut of by-the-yard fabric works for your one item). Knit elastic and FOE are both pretty cheap when you buy it by-the-yard (vs the pre-cut packages). I can usually get two leos out of a yard of fabric and 4 yrds of elastic, with enough left over to make scrunchies. So, it's only about $5-6 leo/scrunchie combo.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back