Where in the world?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Once I zoomed right in on my country I could see that it did not identify where my house is - it didn't even look like the address of my ISP! It zoomed to a small village in the countryside lol. Oh well, I'm glad no-one could actually find me via this, though really, why would someone go to the trouble anyway? I doubt too many people in my country even know about this site, and those not in this country would find it a pretty expensive venture to fly down here to find me! ;)

I'm the only one in my (adopted) country so far, although there seem to be some guests ...

It doesn't identify the username with the pin, but I suppose if you already knew roughly where someone lived and they were one of the few in that area, you could track them down perhaps but it seems rather unlikely.

There are some blogs that have this feature although I haven't seen it in map form before. You visit the blog and it has a running list of all the ips of all the past visitors. That has weirded me out before but mostly because I worry that the people whose blog I'm reading are going to see the Chinese IP and think I'm some kind of random weirdo. :rolleyes:

ew. I don't like the idea of people posting the actual IP address. That can give way more information to a crazy IMO.

I can see the point about if you are the only one in an area. FWIW, I zoomed down to streets; but for my metro area I couldn't figure out which one is supposed to be me because none of them are actually anywhere near me.

I agree, I like to be anonymous. I am the only one from my area (at least according to the map) and I am pretty sure that there is nobody else from around me. At least it doesn't show me where I actually am, it gets the general area but not a specific address.

There are no pins anywhere close to where I live, and I would think that I would be in an area rife with pins (or at least the area about 2 hours east of me should be). Clearly this is not an exact science...

The map locates to the location of your IP...which is not necessarily where you are.

Map disabled due to privacy concerns.

Map disabled due to privacy concerns.

And boy is my wife grateful for that, because she no longer has to worry about an endless stream of of frustrated gymnasts knocking down our front door seeking help and advice. ;) :D

I loved all the attention...... but the cost of constantly repairing the front door and replanting where they'd trample was getting way out of hand. :eek:

Just kidding......... well, maybe :D

I am on a poultry forum - I know sooooo rock and roll, we have a map but it voluntary and you place a pin by typing in your hometown, not quite so intrusive

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back