Why do you like Gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm insane. Why else, my friends wonder, would anyone spend so many hours doing frightening things that hurt in order to barely place?

From a coaching point of view: I know of no other sport which requires such skill, strength, flexibility, bravery and dedication to training at such a young age. These qualities are escalated over the years until the finished product makes me wonder what the limits of the body truly are.

I really don't know why or how I love it as much as I do. It makes me happier than anything else in the whole wide world.<3 When I have a rough day at school or if there's fighting going on at home then the gym is where I can just go and forget about everything. I love everything about it..it doesn't matter what we're doing that day, I'm pretty sure every day I love it more. I've been a gymnast for 14 years and I'll compete till I'm 18. After that I hope I can coach until I'm too old to do it anymore :) My family and friends all think I'm crazy for loving something so "damaging and unhealthy" but I honestly couldn't imagine life without gymnastics. :)

I just asked DD and she said, "because it's fun", then she laughed and said that she can't put it into words...I asked her while she was sitting there with an ice pack on her wrist and her hip

I love that my daughter stays fit, has fun and gets to compete. The sport is so pure, too. In football, if you drop a ball, you go back to the huddle and try again. In gymnastics, you get one shot to do it. It takes a mental toughness that other sports don't require. Countless hours training your body boil down to a few seconds in competition to prove you're the best.

Because my daughter loves it.

And she is convinced that she is going to teach me a switch split.

And I like how she knows how to get on youtube and search for her favourite gymnasts (after watching herself 15 times again).

It's cool.

i love it for all of the rips,the sprained ankles,the hours of conditioning and physical therapy.it shows me that if i want something bad enough and i work for it i can achieve anything.(even if i do hate the injuries:))

When I started gymnastics it was because it looked cool and fun (and I wanted to learn a "back flip"), and from there, its just grown into such a passion and addiction. Its something that keeps me going every single day and has given me so many life lessons I never would have learned otherwise. I now know the power of your mind, and I think with that you can do anything!

Gymnastics has taught me everything I know! Exspecially since that is what keeps me focused in school. :rolleyes:

My family is an experienced "gymnastics" family as even my grandparents were gymnasts and my children also attend the lessons..Well after that - this my live and I like it.

_________
mkv to avi converter

it's indescribable!!

Latest achievement: roundoff-backhandspring-backhandspring-backtuck
Latest fear: fulls
working skill: switch kip

It relaxes me. I practice Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Friday but, at 9:00 on Friday I just look forward to Tuesday

I love it because it really shows me what all my body can do and I get a great, healthy life because of it :) Not to mention learning amazingly cool skills :D

I love gymnastics because
-you feel like you're flying even when your hands are planted firmly on the ground
-everyone stares at you with their jaw dropped when you do the splits
-you defy gravity, and laught in Isaac Newton's face
-you can prove that yes, girls can have bigger muscels than boys
-when you're mad you can just "flip out"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I LUV GYMNASTICS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back