MAG Without Workout

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So, our gym was closed for a long break. D had gym on Tuesday......and then hasn't had it since. We have gone hiking, rock climbing, biking, etc. This kid is still flipping everywhere. He is using his paralletes to "walk." He has done his mushroom routines multiple times. He has practiced circles/flairs the wrong way. He had perfected a "dive handstand". LOL!

Anyone elses' gymboy having a LOOONG break? LOL

My DD and DS have also been off for several days for Thanksgiving. And their break may be even longer because they're both sick!! :(

My little guy went from Monday to Saturday with no practice. He was bouncing off the walls(and my couch) by Thursday. I tried to forbid him from going upside down so his favorite activity was doing sissones, assembles, and scales as his brother practiced Carol of the Bells on the piano. Too bad the L5routine isn't done to that song!

When our guys' coach told us last Tuesday that he'd scheduled a four-hour practice for Sunday, we looked at him like he had three heads. By Sunday, I think we were all ready to go down on our knees thanking him. I was also glad that it was nice weather Thursday and Friday -- the two gymnasts and the soccer player were outside much of the time. Saturday was . . . tough. I wonder when DS will be able to put his headstand-press-to-handstand in a routine? Ugh.

Yep! Ds hasn't had practice since Wednesday. It's been a long time since he has handstand and cartwheeled around the house this much. He keeps asking when practice is. First meet of the season on Sunday. Hope he is ready.

KateR, hope they're both better now! Was it strep? Our L6 girls' team had a major strep outbreak just in time for their first meet -- almost half scratched and two competed sick. We are all holding our breath hoping that the boys don't start going down this week, because they also have their first meet this weekend.

I have yet to see the christmas gym schedule but my kids were out 6 days and they are running laps around the house. I know the coach hasn't had a break this long in year and I also know it was needed!!! Not sure how I'll deal with them out of school 2 weeks if we also don't have gym to burn energy.

hadn't even thought of strep! I was sick first, so I'm probably to blame. She just has a bad cold, cough, etc. She has asthma, and once she starts coughing, she will cough for WEEKS. And she gets this weird eye thing when she is sick...her eyes literally water constantly, more so when she is upside down. I really hope she is ok for next weekend!!! Last year at this same meet, she came down with this illness the day before but she felt was recovered enough to compete. The pictures tell the real story!

My daughter's gym only missed one practice, and for that they held an optional make up practice the day after thanksgiving. And they added in an extra "camp" on that sunday morning also. So we were doing more than the usual amount of gymnastics over the break! My daughter asked me why is she going to gym in the morning now... She seems to think it's permanent.

Missing just one practice is so hard! Gymnasts need their consistency! Or....they bounce off couches and jump on beds.

Yeah. Instead of missing practice for a school performance on Thursday, coach let him go to the optional practice. (he is right on the line between the 2 practices the way coach divides them up.) He had a blast. Got to do a tsuk? pike...or something like that...and something on the rings that was a back flip between the rings or something. HE loved it. Of course, THEN he was amped up until 10:30 at night with school the next day. Sometimes...LOL!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back