Parents Wondering if DD will be able to compete next year..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd would normally be a level 4 next year from what I've gathered BUT I've been hearing about how there are going to be changes next year and level 4 would then be level 3? My gym only competes levels 4-10. But I was thinking, what if any of the level 4s need to repeat wouldn't that mean they would have to be level 3 next year with the changes? So not that it would mean they would have to compete level 3 but wouldn't it make sense? I'm pretty new to this so with it changing I'm even more confused but I can't help but wonder what this means for my daughter next year as she REALLY wants to compete with the 'big girls'. The coaches are always so busy so I hate to bother them with asking all these questions. Don't want them to think I'm a crazy gym mom, I'll admit I'm a little crazy but it's a fun crazy not a crazy crazy...lol :D

Ask. Many gyms in our area are not doing "old 4" next year and starting competition at L4 (old 5). Best way to see what your gym is doing is ask. There's a good chance the gym isn't sure yet. I think many gyms are still deciding what they are going to do. I think it's very up in the air right now.

There currently isn't any level 3 competition in my state but ZZ tells me that her group is moving up to level 3 and will be in "meets" next year. So... I haven't asked because it honestly seems pretty far away to me but it seems likely that lot of states and gyms that currently start competing at level four will be starting at level three going forward.

I guess time will tell.

Best Wishes,

ZZMom

The only people who know what your daughter and her gym is doing, is the coaches. You should never feel the coaches are to busy to talk you about your daughter!! You are a paying customer!!!!!

Ask. :) Even if you can't catch the coach b/c they are on the gym floor, ask the front desk. They should easily be able to either find out for you, or leave a message for the coach to email/call you when they can.

Our gym starts competing at level 4 and with the changes coming, they will have a level 3 (old level 4) team next season. I suspect that many gyms will be having parent meetings once USAG finalizes everything next spring. Never hurts to ask what the plan is, I think.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back