MAG World University Games

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
The World University Games Start tonight!!! The men compete at 2am EDT and can be watched on FISU.tv.

Here is the US team with Peru:
1690815096597.png

We talk about growing the sport, which has been declining in numbers for decades, but how do we do that when even our NGB pushes MAG to the back burner...

We talk about growing the sport, which has been declining in numbers for decades, but how do we do that when even our NGB pushes MAG to the back burner...
If you read the article, I think there was kind of "perfect storm" of events. One was the drastic increase in air fare, and 2 was the sheer number of men competing at classics. THey had to rent the arena for another day to accommodate all of that.

This is a good thing, as there are way more men competing! But the budget is a finite number, and it was an issue.

I am happy that they were able to figure it out and are having a great experience in CHina!

One was the drastic increase in air fare, and 2 was the sheer number of men competing at classics. THey had to rent the arena for another day to accommodate all of that.

This is a good thing, as there are way more men competing!
I really feel for the athletes affected by this - thankfully they were able to make it work.

Regarding classics - from what I have read there are basically were no standards/requirements to compete for senior men unlike juniors. If USAG is going to do this again they need to have a baseline standard or ask for intention to compete in January so they can plan better as it is essentially an invitational event.

I really feel for the athletes affected by this - thankfully they were able to make it work.

Regarding classics - from what I have read there are basically were no standards/requirements to compete for senior men unlike juniors. If USAG is going to do this again they need to have a baseline standard or ask for intention to compete in January so they can plan better as it is essentially an invitational event.

I agree. It is amazing the number of men that are coming out to compete! And that is a good thing in reality. But, they will have to place some requirements on it of some sort :)

I agree that the fact that there are so many men competing at classics is a GOOD thing.

If it were the women competing, do you think funding would have been pulled? Honest question.

I agree that the fact that there are so many men competing at classics is a GOOD thing.

If it were the women competing, do you think funding would have been pulled? Honest question.
I honestly don't know. Truly. This situation was a bit unexpected I think. But hopefully they do well in China, AND there is a good crowd at Classics to watch the men.

**SPOILERS***

The men finished just off the podium in 4th.

Josh Karnes and Fred Richard will be in the AA finals.
Fred Richard and Taylor Christopulos will be in HB finals.
Ian Skirkey is an alternate for horse.

That is an outstanding showing! Those top three are Olympic AA podium caliber. For the two US guys to be that close is stellar!

I agree! It was so exciting to see when I got up this morning. I stayed up and watched the team on Monday/Tuesday but could not do that again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back