WAG Wrist rips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I tap my wrists and it works pretty good at preventing rips. I still get them, but definitely less often. When I do get them, I put a piece of bike inner-tube, the part inside the tire that actually expands, on the wrist rip and tape my wrists as normal. My teammates use foam pieces or band aids instead of inner tube sometimes, but I haven't so I don't know how well it works at preventing rips from hurting.

To tape my left wrist for example, I start with tape like this:
upload_2014-7-10_22-5-39.jpeg

Then I circle it around the back of my hand and then around my thumb so that the tape stays in place over where wrist rips usually form.
upload_2014-7-10_22-6-5.jpeg

upload_2014-7-10_22-6-41.jpeg

From there I wrap the tape around my wrist one more time to hold the tape already on my wrist in place. Then I tear it and start on my other wrist.

I hope this helps!

Attachments

• upload_2014-7-10_22-6-14.jpeg
    upload_2014-7-10_22-6-14.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 15
DD used to get lots of wrist rips. The number one thing to prevent them for us is to WASH HER WRISTBANDS REGULARLY! This seems simple, but it made a huge difference for DD.

When she has the rips she uses those little gel pads (I think the ones she has are called second skin or something but they are in her locker at the gym so I am not sure). Put one or more on the rip (depending on the size of the rip), wrap it with athletic tape to keep in place, and that is it. They keep the rip protected while at gym. At home and at night she just keeps it clean, and as it dries up and skin gets hard we trim it off with cuticle scissors.

Hope that helps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back