Writing a research Paper about Gymnastics & need a good title

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

J

JulseyBabe

Hey so I am writing a research paper and I have no clue what to title, i wont take what you wrote, but i just need some ideas. Thanks :)

What do you want to research? The History of gymnastics, Injuries in Gymnastics, Mens v. Womens gymnastics, the decrease in # of college programs, there are so many areas that you can study.

what other areas of research are there?? i need more ideas for a reseach project that starts with a research paper, goes to a research and analysis portion, on to a presentation, ending with a multimedia portion. i already have done a paper on the perfect 10 so thats out of the picture. any suggestions are appreciated!

I assume that if I offered a title and it was used, you would cite me on your reference page. Right? :D

There are so many resources out there. I think you need to do some research of your own to narrow down your topic and develop ideas. Is this for a college class? I would think that your professor or teacher is most interested in YOUR work in the process rather than your ability to solicit ideas.

Not trying to get all harsh and preachy but as a teacher, it's kind of a professional pet peeve for a student to not put the effort into the work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Choose a category of research:

Historical research where past events are studied in order to explain the present status quo.
Such as does participation in gymnastics result in more kids who attend college compared to other sports? Which sports produce more college alumni?

Qualitative research where present or ongoing events are considered and used to explain present outcomes or conditions. Such as which gymnasts do better at gymnastics, the ones who eat dinner before or after practice?

Descriptive research using questionnaires, interviews, or through observation to explain current conditions. Such as how do gymnasts spend their free time?

Correlational research where two different aspects are studied to determine their relationship and affects they have on an outcome or present conditions. Such as what is the relationship between strength and flexibility and higher scores? Do flexible gymnasts score higher or do stronger gymnasts score higher? As flexibility increases do scores increase? As strength increases do scores increase? As strength increases do scores increase more than if flexibility increases?

Causal-comparative research where the affects of one is studied to find the affect it has on something else. How one thing causes or affects another thing to change. Such as what is the affect that single parents have on gymnast's achievements versus gymnasts who have both parents? Which gymnasts do better? Ones with functional families or dysfunctional families?

Experimental research where you select or control one thing to find how it affects something else. Such as which gymnasts learn faster, the ones who are yelled at by a yelling teacher or the ones who are never yelled at.

Last edited by a moderator:
are you inferring that single parents might be dysfunctional?:confused:

Well they might be, then again lots of married parents are completely dysfunctional!!!:D

I put the funk in dyfunctional!:cool::p

I'm dysfunctional but I was when I was married too! Being a single mom makes no difference on my level of ummm...funkitude?

I have been a single mom too, it didn't change the person I was. The only challenge is sometimes needing to be two parents instead of one, but then again you never have to discuss parenting philosophies with yourself!!!

I know for a fact we have many great single parents, of both sexes, on the CB.

I know many couples that when they were married the relationship was highly disfunctional and now that they are separated, the single parents are highly functional. Sometimes, two parent families aren't always better than single parenting families.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back