Parents 8 more

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD reminded me last night that she has her first comp in about a 6 weeks! She is going to get her choreography this coming Saturday! I am excited for the season to begin! We started at a new gym so all the meets are different than the ones we have gone to before! Plus, we will be traveling less this year than in the past so for me that is a plus!!!!

DD's first ever meet is this weekend. She still doesn't have her ROBHS but has managed to pick up everything else in a very short amount of time. I kind of expect it to be a disaster as far as the scores go but I'm not worried about it as DD is just so excited to be on team, and with her personality low scores won't upset her, they'll motivate her!
:)

daughter is aware she has 8 weeks to go. she wants to spend that time connecting lvl5 bars. has the rest, I think. her goal is to score out of 5 the first meet. ;-) i just look forward to seeing her back out there - hopefully in the new optional comp leo that should arrive in time.

Wow, I am finding myself a little jealous :) I love competition season, or at least the beginning of it. Towards the end, well ...

Our first meet isn't until January so we still have a long way to go. I am glad she will have that time as she is progressing so fast right now, her competition level still completely up in the air, but I long for the settledness of knowing what's coming next.

I just love brushing and braiding her hair while she watches cartoons at six in the morning and the excitement on her face when she is all dressed and ready to go, the quiet darkness as we pull out of the driveway. We seem to get early morning sessions a lot and they are my favorite, no waiting around.

Good luck to everyone on their upcoming meets. I can't wait to hear all about everyone's great successes.

Had our first L3 meet last weekend. Another this coming Sat. My L2 has her first meet this weekend!!

My level 9 has her first meet Dec 1st and she needs all the time she can get ! She crashed on a straddle back on bars n had to take a little break but is moving forward now !

Good luck to all during this meet season !!!

Our first official meet isn't until January but they have a few practice, in house meets before then. The first one is this Saturday and as far as I know, they haven't completely learned their routines yet.... This will be dds very first actual meet. They did a couple of very unofficial tops meets ( in house, our tops girls only) while she was in that, but nothing since she joined the comp team. She is super e cited but also nervous because she feels unsure of some of the skills.... But that's what practice meets are for!

Just to add to my previous post, I just found out her session time for the following meet which is the week after is on Saturday. So 2 meets within 7 days means a lot of fun for DD and a lot of tired for me and DW. :)

My girls have their first one coming up in one month. It's always so exciting waiting for that first one to see how they will do. After that it gets considerably less exciting and considerably more exhausting!! ;)

DD is now on the optional schedule which means no meets until November. I don't mind because we'll actually get to do some fall activities! She has one meet in November then the schedule will really get going in January. In the meantime, I will enjoy hearing about everyone else's meet reports. :)

DD's first "real" meet (ie with scores) is in 8 weeks, and I'm going to miss it!! :(
DH will have to videotape it so I can watch when I return.

And it's a qualifier for a national meet, so a big deal (but I haven't explained the full magnitude to her... For her it's just her first real meet, which is pressure enough).

Good luck to everyone this season!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back