Parents A glimmer of excitement.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cbifoja

Proud Parent
So a couple of weeks ago I posted a very negative "I'm tired of this sport!" thread and a couple of people told me that I will feel better when meet season starts. And guess what?

You were right! LOL

Last night, several of us moms got together while the girls trained and sort of mapped out our meets and our plans for what hotels we were staying in, what other things were around for the girls to do other than gymnastics, restaurants to have our little team dinners at, and so forth. It was so much fun and it made me remember the fun part of this sport for the parents.

So yeah, I'm chewing my crow right now and am here to officially say that I'm starting to feel excited again about spending time with my fellow gym moms, watching the girls bond outside of the gym.

And I'm super excited about a children's museum we are headed to in St. Louis. One of the moms was telling us about how awesome it is and I can't wait for our active little DDs to storm the castle, so to speak.

I think any time you are doing a sport (or anything) year round there will be times you are sick of it and need a break. The parents, the siblings, the gymnast themselves will likely feel this way at times. By the end of the meet season I am sick of it. Mid-summer I dread it because the skills seem so far away. Now? I am getting so excited! We found out for sure our level, the skills are coming along and she is putting them into routine.

I am so glad you are excited again!

As a first season gym Mom.... You're making it sound exciting!! :) I admit that I'm kinda dreading the whole traveling to meets especially during that time of year (lots of our meets involve going through mountain passes... Weather isn't usually horrible in our home town but the places we have meets and need to get to are usually pretty bad) but now it's starting to sound more fun.

If you are talking about City Museum it is awesome!! We are just outside St Louis and if you have the time the zoo here is amazing as well!!!

I think that is the one so I'm glad to hear from another source about its awesomeness. We will be in St. Louis in mid-February so I think we'll be skipping the zoo!

I think any time you are doing a sport (or anything) year round there will be times you are sick of it and need a break. The parents, the siblings, the gymnast themselves will likely feel this way at times. By the end of the meet season I am sick of it. Mid-summer I dread it because the skills seem so far away. Now? I am getting so excited! We found out for sure our level, the skills are coming along and she is putting them into routine.

I am so glad you are excited again!

We are still unsure of level. All we know is that all new optionals and last year Excels will begin at L6 until our coach has a better understanding of how this new level will play out.

Is the meet the St Louis Classic? My daughter has been doing competitions for 5 year in the st louis area and this will be the first time she goes to this meet!

We have been to the City museum also and both my kids loved it. Sounds like you will be having a fun meet season (both parents and kids). Our first meet is coming up in October and my dd is super excited and I am looking forward to it as well. We don't usually have very many hotel stays during our season, but we might have one or two this season depending on starting times. Those meets are always a lot of fun. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back