Any opinions??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So after my brace I have had a little back pain here and there but nothing really major where I can't practice. Should I tell my coach that this is happening? It doesn't really bother me in practice but would the coach still want to know? Any opinions??

YES!

I really dislike having to catch gymnast's hiding problems such as illness, soreness, or injuries from me when it becomes evident they are suffering from these.

Ok. Thanks

It doesn't bother me all the time. It's like once every week but I wasn't sure if I should still tell my coach even if it doesn't happen every practice.

One time my back was hurting really bad but it was close to the end of workout so I decided to not tell my coach. We were vaulting and he could tell that I was off and asked me what was wrong and I just burst out sobbing because so was in so much pain and I count stand it anymore..especially since someone asked what was wrong. He said if I ever don't tell him if something's hurting that bad again I'm in big trouble.

Coaches care..they love you. Keep them informed and on the same page and things will go great. They're there to help you. And they can't do that if they don't know the whole story. Let them know.

Yes I think so too. I know you're probably nervous that they'll tell you something you don't want to hear, but it's best for your safety & health. Even if you don't think its major.

One of my coach says, "I always want to know what's going on with my gymnasts." For me, that was mentally. For you, it's physically. They'll appreciate it.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back