WAG Anyone ever seen a 10.0?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dd scored a 9.9 in compulsories on vault once. Oh, those were the days! ;) Generally, you don't see those high scores in optional, only on rare occasions! But when you do, it's amazing!!!

Had a kid from our gym get a 10.0 on vault, we are in NY and they are seen every once in awhile. As mentioned above there were 2 on beam at level 4 states last year, I think one or two during level 2/3 states as well, and one on floor at level 6 states a few years ago.

Man, I just showed this thread to my kid, and she really wants to see one now! I told her look, the odds are against it, but maybe we will get lucky one day...

We saw one on beam in level 7. It was very exciting. Until we found out she had won the AA in level 8 the day before in the same meet. Not as sweet a victory in my mind.
Maybe we were at the same meet, we saw that same situation a few years ago....and I don't really count it as a true 10.0. Not really a meaningful 10.0 when you know that that kid just won the all around at a level above

I've never seen a 10!in person. My dd dd get a 9.925 on vault at Xcel Refionals last year. As luck would have it the vault scoreboard wasn't working. Her coach came running up the bleachers out of breath to tell us. We thought something was wrong the way she came running. Lol! Two of the four judges actually gave her a 10. I was so sad it never came up on the scoreboard after it started working again we would have loved a picture lol. I don't expect we will ever see her get a score like that again as it gets tougher as they move up.

We watched a girl on bars at level 5 state this past fall get a 10- she had all casts and clear hip to handstand and it was a beautiful routine. She competed level 7 state this past weekend and scored in the 38s. She is pretty impressive to watch.

There was a 10.0 at our first meet this season. It was at an Xcel meet in Connecticut. I didn't personally see the routine myself, as I was talking to my girls after their floor routines, but mid conversation I hear the crowd get really loud and noisy, along with some gasps and cheering. The girl who had just finished on floor scored a 10.0. I wish I had seen it! I felt I had to congratulate her, even though she was not my athlete. She seemed really happy.

Pretty crazy. Maybe one day that will happen to one of my girls, haha.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back