Off Topic Black Friday!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

FlipTwistFly28

Just wanted to know if anyone really is into the getting up early for all the deals! I would be, but I don't like waking up early!:p I did go to best buy a couple years ago and it was crazy!!

Nope. Sleeping in. :D Well, normally I sleep in. But this year we are away, and I think we are going to the Air and Space Museum on Friday so I might actually have to get up. But not going near any malls says my mom.

Oh gosh, I am a total wimp when it comes to shopping. I'm the kind of person who has a list before I step into a mall, and then I zoom between stores, grab what I want, and zoom out. You would actually have to pay me to get me in a mall on Friday. On the other hand, I went shopping today and bought a great pea coat for 64% off (60% off, plus 10% off at the register), and 3 books at Border's! Some stores had great pre-Black Friday deals.

Nope. Sleeping in. :D Well, normally I sleep in. But this year we are away, and I think we are going to the Air and Space Museum on Friday so I might actually have to get up. But not going near any malls says my mom.

Your mom is a smart woman !! I will be sleeping in. My cousin goes out every year at about 5 am !! Crazy I tell you :D

I do not go near any stores on Black Friday. I worked in retail for 10 years - I had enough on that end of Black Friday to last a lifetime.

Actually, I found some great deals online that start tomorrow - I am not going to go out shopping, I am going to spend a lot of money using my lap top from my sofa!

Hint:: Aeropostle has 50 - 70 % off everthing today online!

Last edited:
ooo, I like Aero stuff a lot. Thanks kristilyn!

"Mom, can I borrow your credit card....please!?!??!?!?!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Your mom is a smart woman !! I will be sleeping in. My cousin goes out every year at about 5 am !! Crazy I tell you :D

I do not go near any stores on Black Friday. I worked in retail for 10 years - I had enough on that end of Black Friday to last a lifetime.

Yes she is :) She always says "after spending all day cooking the day before, who wants to fight crowds at the mall?" She didn't cook this year, but her excuse is "I didn't go away to go to a mall, we can do that at home". Makes sense...

People were camping out in front of best but since thanksgiving morning here. I had to laugh. That's a good way to waste your thanksgiving.

You couldn't pay me enough to go out at 5am shopping the day after Thanksgiving !!!

Really disturbing - I just saw on the news that on Long Island a WalMart worker was trampled to death when he unlocked the doors by the waiting shoppers.

Yeah. I just heard that they physically broke down the doors and trampled and killed a 34-year-old walmart worker on long island. A pregnant woman was also taken to the hospital.

Yeah. I just heard that they physically broke down the doors and trampled and killed a 34-year-old walmart worker on long island. A pregnant woman was also taken to the hospital.
OMG sombody died just becuse a few people just wanted to save a few bucks!:eek: What is this world coming to?

I think it will just get worse each year - opening earlier and earlier, waiting outside all night, it just adds to the craziness.

I think it will just get worse each year - opening earlier and earlier, waiting outside all night, it just adds to the craziness.

It's absolutely rediculous. My family has said they refuse to shop at a store that is open and has sales on Thanksgiving, and thereby taking store workers away from their families, just to make a few bucks. I mean, seriously, Thanksgiving is family time.

Also, don't people realize that there is still almost a whole month before Christmas? There will still be sales before Christmas because its a bad economy right now, and the stores have to lower the prices to sell more stuff or not sell it at all!!

My First Black Friday

I admit. Today was the first time I have ever gone out on black friday. The one store I really wanted to go to opend two hours early, at the reasonable hour of 8am. I set my alarm for 6:45 and was out the door at 7:40. There were only three in line ahead of me when the door opend. I was home before 9 and was very excited wih my purchases. Two of the gifts had a retail value of $80 I purchased for $30 and two more with a value of $40 for $13. I was excited about my bargains but did not fight crowds.

Later in the day a friend and I went to lunch and two more local stores but didn't get much. Just an excuse to have fun and chat.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back