Parents Cady's 1st Level 3 Class (Video)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cadybearsmommy

Proud Parent
I posted on Monday that Cady was moving to Level 3 a little early. Well, here is the video of her first class. I left in the good and the bad (including her falling over on her handstand) but I think she did pretty well. A couple of her friends from her old class are in there too, so that was great! Thanks for letting me share!

(she is in orange leo)
YouTube - compco6344's Channel

She is adorable! But don't blink! You will soon see her flipping all over the place! I feel like I seriously blinked, and DD is 'bounding' off!!

So cool. I love it. She was just about getting that pull over. And that handstand on the beam wasnt looking too shabby either. She is well on her way. Im sure she is just floating on cloud 9. And some of her friends moved up with her..that makes it extra special.

That was just too cute! It looks like she was really enjoying the class. And before you know it, she'll be doing the routines on her own. :) They get there quicker than you think!

Oh my, she is adorable! Congratulations on moving up. She is doing great - love the video of her doing pushups!

I so wish that I had video of my own dd at age 4 and 5. You will love having this in a few years when she is doing so much more!

Thank you so much ladies for your nice comments! I am really enjoying watching her progress, she is having so much fun!

It was brought to my attention via a private message that I should not be calling my dd a level 3 gymnast in my siggy since she is training level 3 and not competing level 3. Her gym doesn't compete until Level 4 and her class is called Level 3, so I didn't realize that it was not proper protocol to call her a Level 3 Gymnast. I'm sorry to any mothers out there with competing Level 3 gymnasts I might have offended. I will be changing my siggy so as to not cause any controversy.

Thank you all for watching!

It was brought to my attention via a private message that I should not be calling my dd a level 3 gymnast in my siggy since she is training level 3 and not competing level 3. Her gym doesn't compete until Level 4 and her class is called Level 3, so I didn't realize that it was not proper protocol to call her a Level 3 Gymnast. I'm sorry to any mothers out there with competing Level 3 gymnasts I might have offended. I will be changing my siggy so as to not cause any controversy.

Oh jeez, really? If she's learning the level 3 skills I think you can definitely call her level 3. That seems rather nitpicky to me. :confused: My daughter is learning the level 3 routines but doesn't have all the skills yet and is only doing little in-house meets (not *REAL* meets, they don't compete in our gym until level 4 either), but I consider her level 3 at this point...and I don't think I'd let anyone tell me otherwise.

I think we've had some parents on here who had 5 year olds training level 4 and 5 but couldn't compete because they weren't old enough...but they're still considered level 4 or 5, right? I don't see how your daughter would be any different.

So to me, Cady is level 3. Go Cady! ;)

I certainly concur that if a child is in preteam learning the level 3 routines for exhibition, and is probably to join the L4 team in the next year, it would be great to refer to her as L3.

So cute- my daughter is finishing up her Level 3 season this month- she had so much fun and enjoyed learning the skills and routines-- your daughter will have a blast!

I feel that if she is in a class/group/team called Level 3 and training Level 3 skills- she has earned the right to call herself a Level 3 gymnast.

I certainly concur that if a child is in preteam learning the level 3 routines for exhibition, and is probably to join the L4 team in the next year, it would be great to refer to her as L3.

Thanks for clarifying that criteria a little more for us. Our gym doesn't quite work that way. They don't really learn the official level 3 routines for exhibition. They will do a spring show that is just for fun and the routines aren't necessarily the official L3 routines. Instead they work on introducing and perfecting L3 skills, rather than routines. The next step would be preteam, where they learn the L4 skills and routines. They don't move up to competition Level 4 until they almost have the routines down. So just out of curiousity, would you consider a preteam at our gym an L4, since they are learning the L4 skills and routines, or would they still not meet the criteria b/c they are not yet competing?

I guess I would call it "preteam" but what do I know....I still have no idea what to call my daughters level as her gym doesn't compete until L5, so I stick with preteam even though they call it fast track.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back