Camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Has anybody's gymnast gone to IGC and how old were they? Did they like it? I thought my daughter changed her mind about going and decided not to but now she wants to go. She will be 10 in the summer training for level6. I am nervous because 2 of her friends went when they were her age and they were homesick and did not have the best experience. These girls are alot more shy than my daughter who talks to everybody. One of them fell and was kind of traumatized by gymnastics after she returned. Do you think 10 is too young? I would love for her coach to go but I am not sure if we would have enough girls.

Amber went to IGC last summer she just turned nine. She loved it so much she wants to go back 2 weeks. She was not home sick at all .

I think an outgoing 10 year old will be okay. Like anything, it does depend on the personalities. And with a gymnastics camp, that's something that's a very ingrained activity for the kids, can make it a little more complicated. Some kids adapt to the environment better in my experience. Other kids may be uncomfortable having so many new coaches, etc. But pretty much everyone I know has loved it. On the other hands I don't think I know anyone who went alone. I never went, even though I was in whole training groups full of girls who would go. I was a little bit more on the tentative side and didn't like the idea, plus that week of practice was when I would learn the most - no one was there.

she will fine. we had some girls go to camp this summer whjo were 8. often people will make sure the will have a great experince. consoulers pay more attetiion to younger kids helping them with things and making sure they are included.if she is outgoing she will def make some friends who will make her feel comfotable.hoped this helped

My girls went to IGC last year. One was just 10 the other was 12. they were in separate cabins and did not go with friends. They both met new friends, really enjoyed the gymnastics and had a really great time. The 10 year old is going back again this summer all by herself and cannot wait for it to come.

They went all the way from Quebec where they do gym in French and train under a very different system, they found the coaches to be open, friendly and kind. The food was great apparently.

My girls are gregarious, and found all the girls in their cabins to be welcoming. My youngest spent quite a bit of time looking for Amber who was there the same week. Maybe next year eh?

DD started going when she was 8, and will go back this year at 12 for her fifth year! She started going with teammates, but due to a gym switch, went by herself last year. Some of her old teammates were there, but not really any of her "friends". She still had a great time. The girls in the cabins are always so nice. Every kid is different, but if she thinks she'd ready, she probably is. DD's coach went first year and did not get to work with the kids. The kind of keep them away so that the kids can experience different coaches. You can send letters and sign up for the email for them, but you won't really have contact with her. They are usually kept real busy though and the week flies by.

My daughter first did camp (IGC)at age 7 and was initially homesick but by the time I picked her up at the end of the week wanted to return for two weeks the next year!! IGC did put the girls in cabins by age even if their gym was there and my daughter did fine with that.

She's done IGC and Woodward over the years and liked both..she did like the Woodward set up better if she had to choose one. But she does have fond memories of IGC..

I guess at 10 yo your daughter would be fine for camp..it's only 7 days , see how it goes..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back