Can a Canadian Parent/Coach/Gymnast Answer This?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
Hi all,
I was wondering what the qualifying score for Provincials is in P2. I know you have to be in the top 3 to get to Atlantics and be in the top there to get to Easterns, but I'm not sure about the qualifying score for Provincials.
Thanks!

I'm a little confused, but i could just be from a different part of Canada and have a different system, but here it is you have to place in the top 12 in Zones to qualify, then the top 12 from Northern and Southern Zones go to Provincials (So max 24).

It is different in each province, so you need to check with your coach. P2 does not got past provincials though, eastern is for P3 and higher. I have never heard of Atlantics, so again ask your coach.

hmm, i know in my province (Newfoundland) you have to get atleast 46 or 47, and then the top 6 at provincials go to atlantics from each category, and then top 4 go to easterns in level 3 tyro and up.

Cool that you have an extra step in the process. We just have provincials, and they are VERY hard to qualify for. My DD has about 300 girls in her age/level and the top 32 will get to provincials. The rest stay home.

Certainly ask the coach, they will for sure know how it will work for you.

For Nova Scotia, which is where I live, looks like you have to get a certain score overall, then you got to Provincials. Top 3 in each age group (except for the P1's) go to Atlantics (which is between each Province that touches the ATlantic Ocean apparantly) then if you're P3, you get the choice to go to Easterns or ATlantics (maybe both) if you get in the top 3 at Provincials.

For Nova Scotia, which is where I live, looks like you have to get a certain score overall, then you got to Provincials. Top 3 in each age group (except for the P1's) go to Atlantics (which is between each Province that touches the ATlantic Ocean apparantly) then if you're P3, you get the choice to go to Easterns or ATlantics (maybe both) if you get in the top 3 at Provincials.

Do you go to Alta? or Taiso?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back