Off Topic ChalkBucket question.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't even know that for sure, lol. I just don't want to step on any more toes. I am not really sure of the culturally right way to address people on this form. Still trying to get comfortable

I don't even know that for sure, lol. I just don't want to step on any more toes. I am not really sure of the culturally right way to address people on this form. Still trying to get comfortable

I have always been Bogwoppit or Bog. Many people do not even realise that I am not a man. Just another ex gym mom and coach, nothing special, just like most of the members.

I agree that it can take a while to work out this place, one day I was new as well. Apparently I found my way. ;)

me too @COz , I would say at a random guess the forum is about 75%+ female, I don't know if Bog could give the actual statistics though

Reactions: COz
That conversation is beginning to make me not look anymore. Is that how you all felt with my first conversation??? I am sorry. WOW I cannot say sorry enough

@bogwoppit Thanks, I was going to send you an IM but I cannot figure out how to start one with you, but Ill just say it here. Thanks for recognizing my newness, I never meant any harm and I can see now that I was overexcited and needed someone to reel me in :)

@bogwoppit Thanks, I was going to send you an IM but I cannot figure out how to start one with you, but Ill just say it here. Thanks for recognizing my newness, I never meant any harm and I can see now that I was overexcited and needed someone to reel me in :)

Hey, as as said we were all new once. The best members are the ones like you who give the forum a chance, get what it is about and stick around to enjoy the fun.

TO start a conversation with me you click on "inbox" at the top right of the page. Then you will see how to do it.

That conversation is beginning to make me not look anymore. Is that how you all felt with my first conversation??? I am sorry. WOW I cannot say sorry enough

I couldn't reply to that first post / thread of yours because I'm not a parent but I lurked around and thought you seemed like an innocent, involved, if somehow over-excited mother. From what I've gathered, long-time members (definitely not one of them, haha) have seen crazy people join, get banned, join ten other times. As a former moderator on another forum, though years ago now, I sort of feel like I can tell you those people make you extra-cautious.

I couldn't reply to that first post / thread of yours because I'm not a parent but I lurked around and thought you seemed like an innocent, involved, if somehow over-excited mother. From what I've gathered, long-time members (definitely not one of them, haha) have seen crazy people join, get banned, join ten other times. As a former moderator on another forum, though years ago now, I sort of feel like I can tell you those people make you extra-cautious.

Well my only defense is that I do have a brain injury and so when I get excited, and this time I was excited because my daughter was excited, It takes a minute for me to catch a breath. My first conversation I posted before things were clear to me because I have to have things explained just so. Well, finally one of the coaches and the Owners of the gym realized that and explain things a lot clearer to me. Though I do think they stretch a little because they see a child that will jump off a rocky cliff if her coach asked her to and a mom willing to pay anything to keep her kid in the first thing that has made her feel accomplished. I just ask questions and if it may or may not cost me money I look on here to see what others are doing or have done that has been successful. I have some that I PM with. I have also started to post again on the boards and hold my breath hoping I dont start any more three ring circuses.

I just want the best for DD and she wants this so bad, so when she gets stars I get stars, and sometimes stars mean $$$$ to the gym so I have to have someplace like here to reign me in.

Seems like it all worked out for the best, hope I didn't come across as mean or insulting in any way because that was certainly not my intention. I'm sure you have your dd's best interests at heart. :)

(Getting off topic here so I'm gonna go to bed, sorry Bog!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back