DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Since the move to the new forum software...we have been running the default style. ChalkBucket will now start moving toward a new style to make the site more unique.

Please feel free to comment on the style in this thread. The style of the site will continue to slightly transform over the next few weeks.

I personally don't like the current style, it is very dark and people's posts look like they are quotes. It would be nice if the sigs were bigger or a different color to make them stand out. I am in no way trying to complain or be a CCBer (Crazy Chalk Bucketer).

I find the style is too wishy washy - all pale grey writing and pale blue buttons and surrounds. My eyes aren't good enough to read it easily. I prefer more contrasting colours. The sigs are small.

I must say that I prefer the "2 days ago" style to this one- this is too dark. The old-software design was really nice as well. T=I feel this one needs more contrast or more colours.

I think we should make the CB all pink, like the old days! :p Only joking. I like the black more than the blue, but I do wish there was more contrast with the gray-ish post color.

Off topic but...
I always check in to cb on my iPhone using the mobile app. I am aware you are in the process of designing a new app & apple will have to approve.

My issue:
I can't start a new topic. Am I restricted from that? If so, would that be able to change? If not, what do I need to do to possibly resolve the issue.

Thanks! And sorry for off topic, but since the problem is that I can't start a new thread, figured this would be a good place to ask.

@Luvs2coach You should be able to click in the upper right...I think...to start a new thread.

Check and make sure that you are logged in...if not...it will not show the "new thread" button.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I do not love the new look with the heavy black panels. Just feels like dread.

The new one with the light blues, greys and greens is calming like a nice doctors waiting room. I like it a lot.

But you aren't going to please everyone.

Lower left is the style chooser...you should be able choose any of them.

I personally don't like the current style, it is very dark and people's posts look like they are quotes.

I've lightened up the style a bit and added the highlight color of blue back in. I will continue to add more blue throughout the site. Yes...the posts look like speech bubbles.

It would be nice if the sigs were bigger or a different color to make them stand out.

The signatures will probably stay like they are...however...I am possibly looking to add larger avatars.

I do not love the new look with the heavy black panels.

I am testing a the site in full-width (which has caused issues before)...and I have blended the side panels to grey and added a border around the site. I am going to try and add more splashes of blue throughout the site.

What's up with the new ads? They all used to be gymnastics-related, but the one at the top of the page right now is for Lexus. Let's just say that I am definitely not their target audience.

What's up with the new ads? They all used to be gymnastics-related, but the one at the top of the page right now is for Lexus. Let's just say that I am definitely not their target audience.

You must be viewing the mobile style. Are you on a mobile device or tablet? I don't have the mobile ads totally fixed yet.

On a mobile device the first ad and footer ad turn into a 250px by 250px square so they fit into a mobile device. I don't have our advertisers added into the mobile style correctly yet.

As far as the Lexus ads...all ads that are not sold are filled with Google Ads. They fill themselves automatically. Guests and members that are not part of the CB Booster club see two more of these ads in every thread.

If you are on a desktop computer and seeing the large square ads...let me know...something is not working right then.

I am testing a the site in full-width (which has caused issues before)...

Yes, this still causes issues...the full width of the page doesn't fit on the screen so you have to scroll over to see Inbox, Alerts, etc. I like the more condensed view.

Yes, this still causes issues...the full width of the page doesn't fit on the screen so you have to scroll over to see Inbox, Alerts, etc. I like the more condensed view.

@Seeker

What browser and device are you using. The full-width version should not be able to open wider than the screen unless the screen is very small.

Yes, iPad.

Hopefully we will have a 3rd style eventually...I just have to figure out how to do it. One style for small mobile devices like phones...one for tablets...and the regular style for desktop and laptop computers.

It is fine on my laptop, but requires me to scroll on the iPad.

@Seeker Bottom left...what style is your iPad using? Switch it to "ChalkBucket Mobile Default" if it is not detecting that. Hopefully that is the issue. If so...the ads will change and it will fit to the size of the iPad. Below is the link to the style changer...

http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/misc/style

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back