Competition for Levels 1, 2, & 3

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My question is this: Are there any gyms in the New England Area that host or compete USAG Levels 1, 2 or 3? This has been an ongoing debate at our gym for some time. There are coaches that believe the Levels should not compete and others that do.

There are some teams in MA that compete L2 + 3. Chcek out the MASS USAG website as all the state meet info is up & it lists the teams that are competing in L2 + 3.

My gym does level 2 and 3, I'm in that area. Though, a couple years back our level two team was the only one in the whole state meet.

In Australia, everyone competes levels 1-3. Pretty much all competitions and all clubs have it. many states even have state championships for levels 1-3.

There are positives and negatives. The only down side is that it increases the time kids spend on these lower levels and makes them older when they hit levels 4-6 and older again when they hit levels 7-10. We lose a lot of kids when they get to the high school years.

Aussie why is that? is it that coaches don't like to push the kids through because of the burn out issue? I went and watched regionals last year and couldn't believe how many older girls there were in a low level.

If you look on the MA USAG website it will show you gyms that are competing the Level 2-4 state championships this weekend. That will give you an idea of some local gyms in MA. I notice you are in CT so perhaps if you check your state's website it will give the same information. Our gym does compete Level 3, new in the past few years, for girls that are interested and ready. I guess on one hand it's a money maker for the gym to have girls on the team that early. However I guess, too, that they are helping them to learn about competing and perfecting routines. I suppose it depends on your child. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back