Parents DD's coach wanted to talk to me tonight after class!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Seagull00

Proud Parent
Little gymmie's coach pulled me aside tonight and said that she has "immense natural talent" and that she's recommending she skip level 2 and go straight to level 3. She used her to demonstrate some level 3 skills tonight and said she thinks She is amazing and can go really far. Report cards/evaluations aren't even supposed to happen until week 7(2 more weeks) but she's convinced She is more than ready now! So in the middle of May when this session ends, She is going into Level 3. She learned a front walkover and a front handspring tonight. Keep in mind we're talking rec levels and She has only had 5 classes so far. I'm so crazy excited for my girl, this really puts her closer to realizing her goal of making team :) I'm so proud of her!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for her, and congrats! When my DD went from rec to team she found the skills to be easy...the strength, not so much. You might consider asking her future team coach for some exercises to do at home so she can get a head start on the strength. Good luck!

Ok thanks:) I'll keep that in mind. Is there any way you can edit her name out? I tried but don't have the option?

Thanks :) he's our 2 yr old black lab/ German Shepard, he's insanely energetic but we love him anyway;) Hey Bogwoppit, would you be able to edit my title too?

Thanks again! Sorry to be such a pain! I love all dogs, it's probably why we have 3. But back to little gymmie :) I told her that I'm so proud of her tonight that at the end of this session I'll let her buy a leotard from the gym store to celebrate. She's got her eye on a black GK with blue and green sequins, it's cute! We're going on vacation this summer, I already promised her a trip to the GK outlet in Reading, this girl is going to be set for life after this summer LOL

Oh I know, lol, although my dd is a very slow and steady grower and has been since birth, she is 8 and still able to wear things she wore as a 5/6 yr old. She weighs 46 lbs and is very petite. I'm looking at some of her Leo's are super stretchy, and or a hair loose, and realizing she'll probably get 2-3 good years out of them, considering that they stretch easily and comfortably to fit her obnoxiously tall, 78 lb ( foot and a hair taller) 9 yr old sister. My little one will probably be close to 10 or 11 before she outgrows those. She just turned 8 last month.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back