Parents DD's Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It doesn't make any sense to me why you went back in (especially with your DD in toe) after all the CB comments giving the advice not to...but, as they say, it is what it is...personally my DGD's left their original gym several years ago (when there seemed to be a mass exit going on and my daughter hadn't actually thought of leaving until the girls kept getting questioned by the coaches as to what gym they were going to leave for-that's when she made her decision)...anyway, they NEVER went back, but instead saw their old team-mates, those who remained, at the meets and made sure to go to them and wish them good luck, etc....as well as did my daughter to the parents...once the coaches realized that she was not promoting the new gym, they also warmed up to her and the girls...it took some time, but in the end worked out the best for all.

I think the time for goodbyes at the gym is gone. But nothing could stop you from having a small get together at your home for those girls she was really freindly with. It might be hard for your DD not to go back and say goodbye but too is a life lesson our kids have to learn.

It doesn't make any sense to me why you went back in (especially with your DD in toe) after all the CB comments giving the advice not to...but, as they say, it is what it is...personally my DGD's left their original gym several years ago (when there seemed to be a mass exit going on and my daughter hadn't actually thought of leaving until the girls kept getting questioned by the coaches as to what gym they were going to leave for-that's when she made her decision)...anyway, they NEVER went back, but instead saw their old team-mates, those who remained, at the meets and made sure to go to them and wish them good luck, etc....as well as did my daughter to the parents...once the coaches realized that she was not promoting the new gym, they also warmed up to her and the girls...it took some time, but in the end worked out the best for all.

AGAIN, I went back to the gym only to get my son's service hour sheet. His ability to not have the assignment completed was simply NOT an option. The woman who signed the sheet is the gym's secretary plus does all of the volunteering info. etc. for the gym's home meet. She seriously is the jack-of-all-trades. Plus she is such a dear! I asked her if we could meet somewhere rather than the gym, but she said "what would be the problem?" Had I known a meet was going on I would not have come on that day. She told me what days she was there and I thought by choosing Sunday noone but she would be there. We didn't go in to visit or anything. Why did I bring DD? Well she is always with me, and no I NEVER thought to leave her in the car. That at least in our state is illegal. DD is only seven. Altogether the experience was very positive. The personnel at the gym were very cordial. While at the gym, I was always sure not to russal any feathers. That just isn't my way.

I think we all would like to think in "our perfect worlds" that there would never be a problem going back "to visit" old gyms and that everyone would come running to us with open arms embracing us and asking how we are doing. We would like for them to be happy for us and wish us well and say things like "it's so nice to see you again", "I hope you guys are so much happier and do so much better at your new gym!" and "come back and visit soon!" But we all know in reality that rarely or never happens. Feelings get hurt, things are said behind our backs and the glares will be shot, no matter how smoothly or cleanly the ties to that old gym were broken. It's always best to say the goodbyes at the moment you give the notice that you are leaving and plan on not going back at all after that. While we would like to think that people would not have hard feelings, hard feelings are usually always felt. It's an unfortunate part of life and a hard lesson to learn and deal with.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something I don't think lilgymmie7 was going back to say goodbye. It sounds like she had a geniune purpose and saying goodbye was not part of that.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something I don't think lilgymmie7 was going back to say goodbye. It sounds like she had a geniune purpose and saying goodbye was not part of that.
You have it right NGL78039. I wasn't intending on running into anyone whatsoever. I thought of leaving, but then DS would not have his social service requirements fullfilled for school. School always comes first! Mom had to "bite the bullet" so to speak.
Thanks for clarifying that for me. I do believe some may not read previous/initital posts in a series. Oh well!:)

You have it right NGL78039. I wasn't intending on running into anyone whatsoever. I thought of leaving, but then DS would not have his social service requirements fullfilled for school. School always comes first! Mom had to "bite the bullet" so to speak.
Thanks for clarifying that for me. I do believe some may not read previous/initital posts in a series. Oh well!:)

I also thought that is what you'd said earlier. You don't seem the type to stir up drama. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back