Disappointment and where do we go from here?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She tried out for a new team and we will find out tonite if she makes it. The other gym was an excellent gym the coaches were excellent and they sent a bunch of girls to nationals this year, all girls went to state, etc. They were very "highbrow" when they told me she needed to compete on their rec team. They are looking for a specific type of gymnast and my daughter didn't fit their criteria. I don't much care anymore though.

iwannacoach - you said it so well! my daughter has flashes of brilliance at times and is quite beautiful on form, but at the moment she is quite unremarkable. She is like the dalai lama, very peaceful. She does not have an aggressive bone in her body which hurts her when she vaults (but I think she is getting over that).

She keeps wanting to go back to the gym and every day this week she has gained ground - major ground for her. This girl has "got game" and this week she decided she is going to go after her dream and wants to see how far she will get. Like you, she has taught me a lot about perseverance, overcoming failure, rejection and adversity. I love her so much for her passion and work ethic, now that is remarkable!

My heart breaks for your daughter through all of these struggles. Are you sure you don't want to move? Find a nice university job in Central PA? We have a great gym that would be thrilled to have her!

MaryA - my heart was breaking but not anymore. I would love to move out of chicago but our house is so underwater we can't! :( I also have university experience too! You are sweet.

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for your amazing daughter - hope it's good news tonight!!

Good luck. It's fantastic that your daughter is remaining so positive throughout all of this and a real tribute to your parenting skills that you can guide her through and keep upbeat. You both deserve to find somewhere.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back