Do you like vBulletin4?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I personally don't like it, it's not colorful it's more boring colors. If it's not broken don't fix it!! This is suppose to be a FUN website isn't it? It's not fun with these colors. What's your opinion?:confused:

I personally don't like it, it's not colorful it's more boring colors. If it's not broken don't fix it!! This is suppose to be a FUN website isn't it? It's not fun with these colors. What's your opinion?:confused:

Many parts of The Chalk Bucket were "broke" before...just none that members could see. The colors and everything else can be changed...

...and yes...I like it...it's much easier to keep up to date.

To show how easy it is to customize the new software, I have created a new style that everyone can select at the bottom of the page.;)

2918d1293732576-do-you-like-vbulletin4-tough-gymnast.jpg

tough-gymnast.jpg

thank you very much for changing the colors for me and u changed my mind i am just going to have to get use to the change;)

Last edited:
Don't worry...we'll get some new graphics sooner or later. The first step was the upgrade.

Last edited:
I find that any time a sudden change happens in any area of my life, my initial reaction is to skulk around a bit. However, many times, after I've gotten used to the change, I've found that either the change isn't a big deal or that it enhances my life.

So for me, the jury is still out. I need to get used to everything before deciding how I feel about the change.

The OP said it seemed less fun and more businesslike. That's funny because to me having something look more professional is nice. It feels less "kidsy".

So far it seems okay. I did try and come on last night and it kept telling me I wasnt allowed access to this or that. Today I can view threads, but links to videos and such still come up as me not having access. I hope its just a glitch and not something I did that Im not aware of.

I, too, have a tendency not to like change! So I'm reserving judgment for now... I'll prob. end up liking it after I get used to it. I figured there must be some "behind the scenes" reason for the change, so I'm sure this will be better.

But... how do I just view "new posts"? I had that part all figured out on the older version!

Never mind... I found the "new posts" button!!! Although that "tough gymnast" color scheme makes it a bit hard to read the text!

Agreed. Of course I'm the mother of a six year old girl so anytime I can have something in colors other than pink and purple is a good thing!

Many parts of The Chalk Bucket were "broke" before...just none that members could see. The colors and everything else can be changed...

...and yes...I like it...it's much easier to keep up to date.

i have a few questions:
1) if we have to log in to view threads how do people who arent joined on the CB get to view threads like they were before?
2) what was the colour thing you just did for tough gymnast about?
3) where is the thank button?

Holy Cow!! You go away for a few days for a meet and BAM there is a big change! Haven't had time to really look at this but I'm hoping it's not too hard to use. I have to say though I miss the smiles you could click on and add to the posts. If they are her I don't see them (yes I like the bells and whistles all the time.

Right now I don't like it. Its very hard to find everything, and when I clicked on a post with a link, I get an error so severe I have to shut down my computer. We'll see.

Right now I don't like it. Its very hard to find everything, and when I clicked on a post with a link, I get an error so severe I have to shut down my computer. We'll see.

The Chalk Bucket is definitely NOT responsible for anything on someone else's site.

Everyone will get used to it with time! Remeber when we changed from the pink, everyone was like what happened,but then realized that this is much better. another thing is the font seems rather small, it might be because it is a different style than before.
A couple more questions... is there still the area where you can view peoples pictures? is there a place to see who is online? like before when it was on the left bar?or do you have to go to the whos online and then look? I will probably have planty more questions to come :p
I found the pictures!!! LOL if i lurk around some more i will probably be able to answer my other questions too.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back