Fear over giants over and over......

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
I may have posted on this before but it still occurs so here it goes again....

DD will be a 3rd year Level 8 (15yrs) due to injury last year that put her out all but 1st month competition season. So really this is only the 2nd year of 8.

My question is why does she have reoccuring fears of giants and seem to loose the ability to do them on the real bars not just pit/strap bar. It took her a long time to learn them as a 2nd year 7 she finally competed them. They are nice and once she relearns them each year it seems they are fine. HC has taken her back to the begining of learning them each time she develops a fear.... She has been doing Doc Ali and it has helped a bit but she really just seems to lack condfidence in them.

Why does this fear redevelope and how does her coach or me help her to not suffer this lose again over and over. I really feel her pain over this issue and she thinks she just stinks at bars....

Help!!

Hmmm,one reason I can think of is maybe when she grows a bit? and that throws her off again, with having to adjust to not hitting the low bar on her way round? I know this has happened to many girls in our gym......my own dd has split her big toe open more than once while adjusting.....

Cheers

yes ^^^^^there are quite a few variables when it concerns giants. if you send a video, maybe something will be revealed that can be corrected. or maybe not. but it might be worth it.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back