Parents Finally! Brag alert

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NGL780309

DD5 finally got her mill circle! This was her last skill to have all her level 4 skills. I seriously thought it was never going to a happen. Her coaches kept telling me she was close if she would just shift her hands. She is off gym this month and working out (aka playing) at her dad's gym. She hasn't wanted him to coach her, but she finally let him help her on Friday. He had her push up higher and step forward more and there it was! She has no problem shifting when she has enough momentum.

Here's where I brag so shamelessly that you may have to look away. I just can't believe she has improved so much in such a short period of time. I generally think it's a bad idea to compare your child with someone else because it's not about that. I don't care whether she has more skills than the next kid as long as she is having fun and working hard. When DD started Level 4 in March she stuck out like a sore thumb. She was hands down the worst and I was wondering what in the heck the head coach was thinking moving her to level 4. I think everyone else must have been thinking the same thing. Now she is the only Level 4 (except for the one second year Level 4) who has all of her skills. I'm so proud of her and all she has learned.

Congrats thats awesome! Good for her for working so hard and keeping focused!

Oh that very dreaded evil Mill Circle!! Congrats to your dd for conquering that skill. My dd has never struggled so much with one skill as she had with the "evil circle".

Arent' you just the proudest Mama ever when you see your kid's hard work pay off. And that look on their face when they finally "get" it......priceless.

Tell your dd to keep up the hard work and can't wait to hear how she progresses in level 4!!

That is brilliant. Tell her well done. She has done really well in such a short time. Glad she is having fun with it too!

Congrats to your daughter that is so awesome. Sounds like she is doing very well.

I totally understand the mill circle that is what my daughter is working on right now.

It's nice to be amongst people who understand how tricky that skill can be. DD was sooo excited and called her Mimi to tell her. Mimi's response was, "I thought she could always do that. Well they all look the same to me." :rolleyes:

This morning on the way to gym she told me she was already nervous that she had lost her "milly" as she calls it, but she didn't. They looked really good.

I hope your DD gets it really soon. Sending her good luck!

Congrats to her. My L4 DD is also working on the dreaded evil mill circle...nowhere close to having it!:) My older DD got hers the night before she needed it for a meet when she was in L3. We had lots of L4's who struggled on and off with it last season. It is definitely a tricky one. Good for her!

Congrats to her. My L4 DD is also working on the dreaded evil mill circle...nowhere close to having it!:) My older DD got hers the night before she needed it for a meet when she was in L3. We had lots of L4's who struggled on and off with it last season. It is definitely a tricky one. Good for her!

Well good luck to your younger DD. At least you have the experience of watching one DD finally get it and you know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back