WAG Flexibility

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

xrachx

Coach
Proud Parent
DD is working towards BWO on beam at the moment, but she's really struggling as she can't get her hands close enough together to actually grab the beam.

Even BWO on floor, bridge kickover etc, her hands are always a long way apart (50cm at very very least). Her old coach said she has very tight shoulders and lower back, but even with exercises to help (stretches, using bands at various tensions etc), she just can't get them closer together. Going forward she's fine and can keep her arms by her ears, it's just backwards that's the issue.

Has anyone got any suggestions of things she can do to try and help this?

My daughter is also working on this skill, I don't really have any suggestion to add. My daughter has her hands together at the start of the skill and when she goes backwards and get her hands on the floor ( they start off doing the skill on a line before moving to a foam beam then full beam) they end up apart like a normal back walkover.

I think they have to look at their hands while doing it. Also maybe shoulder flexibility has something to do with it, some wear loops around their wrists while doing them in the floor (my daughter hasn't but have seen it before somewhere).

I have a video of my daughter being spotted through the skill if it helps, I can't post on here but might be able to post it in the 2006 / 2007 social group if you are a member.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back