Floor Music!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

B Gymnast

It's about time to start making our floor routines, and I'm still stuck on the music :( I found gypsy rhapsody on energym and my coach liked it, so I thought that was the one.. but now i found rythym is a dancer (2004 version) on floor express and i think i might like it better...? but my coach likes gypsy rhapsody better... she told me to make up an 8-count to both and then we would see what i would use (I'm not really sure what she means by 8-count but I'm just gonna go ahead and make up about 10 or 15 seconds of dance up until my 1st tumbling pass...so yeah, please just give me your opinion on which music you like better.. and if you want to be REALLY helpful, you could make up about 10 seconds of dance for me and post a video of it!! :D that would be great..lol.. I guess I'm a good dancer, but i have NO idea what to do when it comes time to make something up :D but thanks for reading this super long post!! :D

Personally, I like gypsy rhapsody better, but I think it's used more often than rhythm is a dancer. An 8 count is what people use to choreograph any kind of routine, like when they count "5,6,7,8" and then you start and all the dance after that is done to the pattern "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8" so basically, an eight count is about 8 poses/steps. Hope this helps!

I like gypsy rhapsody better too, but It is also over used. If I were you I would go with Rhythm is a dancer.
Another way to think of an 8 count: it is the same amount of time it takes you to do one tumbling line, from when you get to the coner and present, to when you present in the other corner. Choreographer's leave an eight count for every tumbling that you do when you are tumbling. Just count to eight, with a number on every beat.

one thing i found realy helpful is that for floor music i can cut out parts of music and add others i once had a routine and i didnt like the begining so i cut it out and found one i liked from a dif. song! so u can probaly combine have the power part and slow part of one and the main tune of the other or somthing like tht :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back