WAG Gabby Douglas and Chow split again

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

and of course it's a bit more complex if you don't have the experience doing this. i agree with you. i have it down perfectly. i'm in small claims court at least twice a year collecting money owed us from belligerent people who thought they could take advantage of us. it is a civil matter and could become a criminal matter if they don't pay up. honestly, this is all quite simple as far as i'm concerned.

and last time filing the necessary paperwork was approx $300. i have had any costs associated with filing paid to me in the "damages". so, it just cost me my time.

and i have done the exact same thing when they bounce checks and won't pay up plus the bank fees associated with the trampolining check. then i get them for bouncing and theft of professional services! it's good for damages depending on what Judge you get awhere i'm at. :)

i thought i better throw this in also. they usually pay up BEFORE they must appear in criminal court based on the complaint that i filed with my local PD. a prosecutor has never denied these complaints. theft is theft. and they are more motivated when it is over $100.

Good for you dunno! Clearly your repeat offenders do not fall under the garden variety. I don't have much experience in this cause of action as its burden of proof is more complicated. In addition, if I understand it correctly, it can be linked to criminal activity as well but so happy to hear you are able to get them offenders,

@Terry, if you have an ongoing relationship with the judge (you are at his courtroom a lot) or you get a tolerant, kind judge, you may get lucky and he/she may help you. But there are a lot of intolerant judges and if they have a full or busy court schedule that day, they'll throw out as many cases as they can. Cases are heard very quickly. My experience is in Los Angeles which is a highly litigious area. Judges are cranky. Now if you are in Swett, North Dakota ;) and are the only one in the docket, the judge may even type the complaint for you. :p Nonetheless, the more research you do and the more prepared you are, the more likely you are to prevail.

I think the procedure Dunno laid out is for collecting tuition already owed, NOT collecting anything on a broken contract for future services, right? I would think that collecting a debt for services rendered would be easier than enforcing a contract to provided future services.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back