Handstand Competition!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay, so here you post the longest handstand you ever held! Read everything below before you post, to make sure that your handstand qualifies.

It Does NOT Count If...
~You fell over in the end (into a bridge or doing a handstand forward roll)
~You had incorrect form (arms too wide, head looking up, back bent, legs apart, etc.)
~Someone helped you stay up
~You walked on your hands (even if it was just 1 step!)
~You touched anything besides the floor or the air (for example, you used a wall for balance)

It DOES Count If...
~You were tight and had correct form
~You started and landed in a lunge
~Your hands did not move once they touched the floor
~Nothing and nobody helped you stay up

And, in case you're wondering, it also counts if you "got stuck." I often get stuck in my handstands! As long as you had correct form and didn't walk on your hands, getting stuck counts!

Last edited:
In 6th grade the gym had a holiday party... I think I was level 7 at the time. Me and a level 10 were the only 2 left in the contest, and we tied at.... SIX MINUTES. I literally just fell over afterwards and lay down. I wouldn't recommend doing that, no matter how bad you want to win! LOL

Wait, you held a handstand for 6 minutes?! Without walking on your hands? I can hold a HEADSTAND for that long, but not a handstand.

9 seconds in straight handstand! (tough I think I would hold it for longer, if I had warmed up and not eat 1 hour ago)
16 seconds in stag! :)
I guess I could hold it longer if it was allowed to get down in walkover.

mine was probably about 35 seconds :) but it was a side handstand on beam and I can down to standing. My longest one on floor was probably about 20 seconds although my handstands are usually a little archy on floor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back