Coaches Here is another video for you coach professionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It was a good point. Are you going to make one on how to communicate with little kids? We need that! I still have yet to figure that out, especially the ones that don't seem to want to be there and refuse to do anything that is asked of them.

Sounds like a Parental conversation, 10.0

Many times, parent's don't even know what's going on because their kids come back smiling and they think "great! They had a wonderful time!"

I had a parent come up to me recently about my pre-team group, and she asked how things were going, and I explained that this individual is learning a lot, but she shuts down so quickly, and has a hard time staying focused.

She said "ooooh..." and proceeded to tell me that this individual was a napper by nature, and to come to gymnastics it ruined her nap time. In, general, she is very grumpy about it. However, the communcation with the parent made a HUGE difference! The girl got her pull over by herself, began trying very hard on her front hip circles, and didn't complain about conditioning/strength (except when the other girls did, too).

Parental involvement, in school, gymnastics, and any other aspect of a child's life, is just so incredibly important. They don't always have eyes and ears to see and hear what's going on, and they need us to communicate to them, so they can help us.

Just a thought...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back